Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 Lurker Appreciation Week! 
Admin
Site Admin

Lurker Appreciation Week

While we understand why some wish to lurk, we can't help but grab you wallflowers and drag you out onto the dance floor! Wink

To do so, we've decided to have a Lurker Appreciation Week!

SWFF writers will post stories written for Lurkers as chosen by Lurkers!

From now till September 23rd, writers can volunteer to participate. We already have the following writers on board:

JayCee
ginchy
kayladie
Trace

Remember, if you volunteer, you will have to write a fic!

Once we have all our writers, we will open a suggestion thread. Here is where Lurkers post plot bunnies or suggestions for their favorite writer to write! It can be a plot bunny that you'd really like someone to write, or maybe you want a writer to add a deleted scene or alternate ending? Simply post your idea and the writer it is directed to, it's that simple!

The only rules is that your plot bunny/suggestion can not be longer than 200 words or contain graphic content. You can not ask someone to write a fic above the highest rating they have published on this forum. A writer can also refuse or change a plot bunny if it contains x-rated subject matter.

You will have to gain a user account if you wish to post in the suggestion thread if you don't already have one! Also, you non-lurkers, i.e. those with over fifteen posts to their account, are uneligible, but we love you anyway!!

After we have gathered up all the plot bunnies, the writers will get to choose one from those directed to them to write up! They will have till a date no later than specified to post the fic!

Yes, they have to write this fic! It can be a Vig or a short/long-story, that is up to the writer, but they will have to make your plot bunny a reality, or maybe finally update that fic for you! Wink

This is your chance to 'commission' a story from the writers you love to read! Don't miss out!

Writers, sign up here! Very Happy

ginchy
Global Moderator

Dang, this makes me wish I were a lurker. Razz

I love Lurker Weeks! I 'came out' during one on TF.N myself, and look at all the fun I'm having now. We'd love some of you lurkers to come play with us. We're a fun group! Wink

Thanks for heading this up, JayCee, and I love the line-up of authors we have. We'll have a great time with all the fics!

bkwrm

Quick question:

Can the "lurker" have any say in what happens to the story after it has been chosen by an author? Like if they have an idea for a situation or scenario they want the charecters to do in the story can they suggest it to the author?

JayCee
Site Admin

In theory, the lurker should be able to put all of that into their plot bunny during the suggestion week. The bunny can be as detailed or non-detailed as the lurker wants. Of course, once a plot is chosen by the author, there is no harm in a bit of back-in-forthing if both lurker and author are cool with it.

However, if you are asking an author to update a WIP, then unless they ask for suggestions, they have been building the storyline up so they probably already know what they want to happen next.

Trace
Global Moderator

We writers are at your mercy, oh honorable Lurkers! Be it Laughing or Scared and Hiding or Kissy Face .

Bring it on! Mischief

Hugs!

JayCee
Site Admin

No one else want to offer their services as a writer?

Very Happy

redtenko

I want to write, this thread looks really cool to write, but I'm about to go back to school and I'm worried enough about the fic I'm already working on and how that's going to get written around all my schoolwork. Perhaps if we have another challenge like this at christmas I can do it, we get nearly four weeks for break!

but on the other hand...maybe I could get out a oneshot if they bunny wasn't too complicated.....

JayCee
Site Admin

Considering the time frame we are looking at, it will probably be about XMas before the stories are due! Very Happy

And you can write a Vig, or the first chapter of a short at least. You don't have to have the hole thing up at once. Wink

And you get to choose the Vig to write, so that should help as well!

Love to have you in on this girl. Wink

BigFatty

Well, you've brought in at least one lurker. I'd love to offer a challenge if I'm eligible. And if you still need people to write, I'd be willing to try and come up with something as well. Just let me know where I'll be needed.

redtenko

okay, why not? I'll add myself to the author list

JayCee
Site Admin

woot!

Great to have both of you aboard!!!! Very Happy

You're awesome. Wink