Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic

Trace
Global Moderator

bkbva wrote:
I But, I think I understand now when writers talk about characters hijacking their stories.

Hee,hee!! Congrats! You are officially a fanfic writer now! Welcome to the Insanity

ginchy
Global Moderator

That makes me sad about Halloween. I've always been so excited to finally have a home one day and then have trick or treaters! Sad *hugs*

And, I can't wait to see what fanfic fun you're cooking up!

bkbva

Geez, has it really been three weeks since I wrote anything here? What the heck have I been doing? Laughing

So we did the college visit. Nice place, but so very big. It was funny -- sitting in the information session, we come to realize that probably at least a third of the people there were from our school district, which as I said before is not in-state. Well, everyone else was there for the same reason we were -- school was closed for two days of teacher in-service (read that as calculate and file the report card grades). Today in the mail my son got a packet from there -- I don't know if it's the same stuff we got at the visit or some new propaganda.

We had a soccer tournament this past weekend. Team did well, finished second. As the boys put it, they came home with hardware, so it was a success. Of course, the weather had to have turned cold right before the weekend. Nooo, couldn't wait a few days. Instead, today it was fairly warm outside.

Right now, I am waiting to hear when my daughter will be getting home this evening. Her flight was delayed, but I think she may be on her way. The bummer is that she's flying into Baltimore because the airfare was so much cheaper. Then she has to take a bus to the DC Metro, unless she's still got a ride with a friend who lives in the DC area, so she'll get dropped off at the Metro. Either way, someone's got to pick her up from the Metro, and it's looking like that's not going to be until around 11:00. Ugh.

And I am loving me some Heroes. I'd been reading that people were disappointed and that they didn't think it was as good as last year. I've been fine with it, and last night was terrific.

bkbva

So let's see.... Another month has gone by already. Gee whiz! Daughter's home for her last winter break ( Very Happy Sad -- talk about conflicting emotions!). I guess I've been caught up in end of the year planning and such. Can't believe New Year's will be here in a blink.

Being the sports geek that I am, I had to watch my alma mater get blasted on national television yesterday (actually, I couldn't bear to watch most of the second half). *meep* Sick

Then last night, we had an interesting event. My son had taken the car to go to the movies with a friend. At the mall. On the Saturday before Christmas. Ack! Anyway, the phone rings around 10:00, and it's him. Which is not unusual because frequently as it gets late, he'll call to let us know he's on his way home. Except this time he was calling the say he thought the car had been stolen! Of course, my husband and I are then trying to figure out who the heck would go to the trouble to steal a 9 year old car with 100,000 miles on it. In the middle of a busy parking lot. It's not a sports car, it's a mom and dad car. So mall security was called in to help look for it. The police were called. My husband had to drive over to the mall because obviously someone had to bring the boys home. The punchline -- in spite of the fact that my son swore they had walked the entire parking deck (there are several parking decks at this mall, along with some surface parking), they did not actually go up all the levels. The car was one level up from where they had looked. I think it's going to be a while before he lives this one down. Embarassed

JayCee
Site Admin

LOL, if it was my family, he would NEVER live it down... "Okay, we have to park on the bottom floor or else he can't find it" "Should we invest in a large ball of string? Breadcrumbs wouldn't last around here" "Wait, I know, i'll pain the car bright pink, maybe if you can see it from space he'll be able to find it"

What can I say... we're an evil family sometimes. They still haven't let me get over the fireworks incident.

Very Happy

bkbva

Time flies when one is having fun (or even when not). Got thru another busy season -- they sure seem to go by faster and faster as we get older.

So now it's May, and my daughter is finished with college. It's senior week and next Sunday is graduation. Wow. Okay, so how is it I have a grown-up for a kid? I can see it now, I'm going to bawl hysterically at the graduation ceremony. I am finding that everything is making me cry. Maybe it's a hormonal thing or something, although I've always been sensitive.

Oh and by the way -- that Halloween story I attemped to write is just never going to happen. Life got busy and I guess in the long run, writing just isn't much my thing. Since it involved LotF speculation, it's kind of moot. Yeah, I do understand the AU aspect and all. *shrug*

bkbva

So graduation was last Sunday. I managed to get through it with only tearing up just a little bit. Wink Does anyone actually remember their college graduation? I pretty much don't. I have to admit, though, the University of Rochester had it down to a science -- the actual commencement lasted just over an hour (students actually get their diplomas at a ceremony for the department of their major). And this was amusing: one of the speakers was a prominent law professor (they said, I wouldn't know) who graduated from the school over 50 years ago; I did the math and he has to be at least 75. And he closes by giving the graduates good wishes and then says may the force be with you. I hope the kids smiled, I know I did.

But, oh man, driving home Sunday night! After the ceremonies, we had to pack up the cars and of course my daughter wasn't ready when we got there Saturday, so we actually had to pack stuff. We didn't leave until 4:30 and had a seven hour drive, plus stops, one of which was for dinner and ended up taking an hour. Then we ran into a little detour (one driver made a wrong turn) that cost us at least half an hour. We got home at 2 am after starting the day before 7 am. Ugh! I'm still tired. Laughing