Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 Ouch. 
Jade's Fire

I go to the dermatologist yearly, because I'm in the sun a lot and don't wish to develop skin cancer. This year, he found a mole he didn't like on the back of my skull and removed it, requiring 2 stitches. Well, after testing, they found it had 'atypical' cells, and they wanted to go in again, and make certain they got it all. So, the second time, it took 7 stitches to sew up.

The back of my head is quite sore, and I have to be careful, as it still bleeds a little every now and then.

They also removed a mole from my back, and one from my chest, both of which tested fine, and they were apparently smaller, so there were no stitches involved. But I am sore, and all this makes sleeping an interesting challenge.

JayCee
Site Admin

Sorry, I know it's probably a serious subject and all, but I got the image of the Scarecrow from TinMan stuck in my head when I read this. Razz

Hope it was just an atypical mole and nothing else! Smile

bkbva

Definitely ouch. It hurts just to read about it. Sounds like you are fine, just in a lot of pain. Feel better soon!

Jade's Fire

JayCee wrote:
Sorry, I know it's probably a serious subject and all, but I got the image of the Scarecrow from TinMan stuck in my head when I read this. Razz

Hope it was just an atypical mole and nothing else! Smile

Ah, not that serious. Just painful! Razz

And messy. Thank God I'm married, 'cause I would have a great deal of difficulty taking care of these on my own, since 2/3 of them are on the side of my body that I can't see!

And as far as I know, it was just atypical. In a few years, it might have developed into something more, but since it's been cut out, that would seem to no longer be a problem!

And thank you, bkbva!