Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic

Rigil Kent

Trace wrote:
Edit: We must have posted at the same time. Wink

Must have.
Okay, Vector 4/KotOR 28 was much, much better! It's starting to feel like KOTOR again. Gang's all back together and Zayne has had enough. Bring it on!!! Very Happy

I'm really hoping they get the good art back ... whoever did the work in these Vector issues isn't that great...

Wizard's First Rule: people are stupid. Given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are are afraid it might be true.

TNPredsFan

I didn't realize how much I missed Jarael and the rest of the gang until the Williwaw appeared at the end of #28. It just doesn't seem like KotOR without them. Well....except for Shel. She needs to go away. Far away and keep her hands off Zayne. Whack! He belongs to Jarael.

Rigil Kent

That's a pretty damned cool avatar, TNPredsFan!

Wizard's First Rule: people are stupid. Given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are are afraid it might be true.

TNPredsFan

Thank you! I'm teaching myself how to make animated icons. Very Happy

Rigil Kent

Well, you did a damned fine job, IMO.

I should be receiving the 4th issue of KOTOR Vector sometime this week...

Trace
Global Moderator

Because she is awesome, Nicki made one for me, too: Mr. Green

I love how she got all the couples together - especially Luke and Mara and Kol and Morrigan, and then our fangirl 'ships of Cade and Deliah and Zayne and Jarael. Love And Vader, Dass, and Syn just because they're damn cool. Rock On!

Rigil Kent

Okay, I got KOTOR 28 in today (Vector part 4) and, apart from Zayne getting the key thing, this whole Vector storyline has felt like a monumental waste of time. And no offense, but the art throughout has been unbelievably bad. The faces especially were atrocious and I kept wincing every time this Celeste character showed up 'cause of the poor proportions - it was like she was missing great chunks of her jawbone at times and then had too much jawbone at others. Ugh.

And TNPredsFan was right: I didn't realize how much I had missed Jarael until they showed back up.

One thing I did like was how Alek remarked "Amazing" in response to Gryph's comment about a Sith artifact transforming the Mandos into rakghouls. Heh. Go, Malek! I mean Alek! Wonder if we're gonna see him lose his jaw through this series ...

As an aside, I simply can't take Darth Malek seriously anymore thanks to The Venture Brothers and their Baron Underbeit. Wink

I'm really hoping this series gets back on track now that Vector is over with...

TNPredsFan

I try very hard not to bash the authors and artists, but I'm so thankful that Vector is over just because of the art. It kept distracting me from the story that JJM was trying to tell.

We get KotOR #29 and Dark Times #11 (aka Vector #5) this Thursday. Dancing!

Traci: Thank you! I'm glad you like your Fangirl icon.

Trace
Global Moderator

ZOMG, Dark Times 11/Vector 5 - that was freakin' sweet!! Surprised I'm not a huge fan of the Dark Times comics, but I almost had a wreck while flipping through the issue in the car and seeing how well it tied into the KOTOR story. Clapping

Rigil Kent

I got KOTOR 29 today and was glad to see them returning to the story proper. Quite interesting, I thought, that Masters Vandar and Vrook clearly don't trust Lucien. Was very glad to see Jarael again; she's turning into my favorite KOTOR-era female character because she kicks ass. And the pointed ears are quite droolworthy. Razz

Rigil Kent

Fallen behind on my reading of the KOTOR comics, but just got caught up with #33. I can't say I actually liked this issue, even though it shed light on Haazen. I guess my boggle with it was that I could have done without the parallels between Haazen and Zayne. It was a little too much, IMO. And the art really seemed hit-and-miss for me, despite the fantastic-looking cover. Some of the interiors were excellent - like the first shot of Krynda - but the majority was ... iffy and sometimes rushed looking.

Its really disappointing that I didn't like this issue too, 'cause the issue before it (#32) really kicked ass as the confrontation between Zayne & Co. vs the Covenant loomed. This issue seemed like an unnecessary break in the pace, sort of like the silly shuttle sequences Lucas added to Empire ...

YMMV