Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic

Lady_Mara

SQUEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! So.... if diva's the beta, then it must be your e-cousin who's the wonderful coauthor???? Dancing! Dancing! Dancing! Foot, where was teachers like diva and your friend's teacher when I was in school?? Our writing assignments were never so... fun!!! Laughing Fanfic home work!!!!! To me that'd be like being a food critic, since I live to eat!!! Laughing

Myriad

Whoah. I haven't updated this in ages. Sad

Diva and Lady_Mara: I absolutley adore the idea of Han/Mara mush! And I call myself a L/M shipper! Crying or Very sad Razz

It's amazing how the year has passed! I mean, gosh, Thanksgiving passed, and now we're on the home stretch to Christmas! Surprised Very Happy I'm excited, definitely, it's the best time of year! Nothing like a little Christmas music to brighten your mood, eh? Smile Well, that is, sans the radio stations already starting to play holiday music 24/7 Rolling Eyes Razz Now if only gift shopping was easy...

I was just thinking the other day, I only got a TF.N account in June! That's almost exactly 6 months ago! Surprised Time flies! Seems like just yesterday I became a timid de-lurker, and here I am posting like crazy, writing fanfic like a nut, with an awesome master and e-cuz... who knew forum-ing would be so much fun! Very Happy

Later!
~Myriad

PS. I've just noticed that this datapad is completely random

Last edited by Myriad on Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

redtenko

I'm glad you're having a good time on tf.n! That board antimidates me way too much for my own good. I should post like crazy, but all I realy do is update my one fic. Bad fangirl, no biscuit.

I wish I could write fanfic like a nut. I write it like a bug. You know, one of those dung beetles who spends its time pushing around the same thing while it gets bigger and bigger and eventually squishes the bug. yeeeah.

Diva

Ah, be random. It's okay by me.Wink

Glad to see you have taken such a shine to writing! It will definitely make you a better writer, the more you practice.

And the holidays! Sheesh! The silly season is here! Very Happy

Myriad

I wish I could write fanfic like a nut. I write it like a bug. You know, one of those dung beetles who spends its time pushing around the same thing while it gets bigger and bigger and eventually squishes the bug. yeeeah.
Laughing That is possibly one of the best metaphors I have ever heard! Laughing

I want to wish everyone here a big Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Smile Hugs! Stay safe, and have fun celebrating the holidays!

Lady_Mara

Hi, Myriad Smile

Redtenko's metaphor made me laugh out loud. Laughing Profic's like a bug too that you wanna spray with pesticide Laughing About writing.... some authors feel they have to practically finish things before they post, which is frustrating but of course they don't wanna run out of creative juices halfway Wink Wondering if you're working on anything longish at the moment? Dancing! Your characterizations and emotional vividness have always been amazing!! Clapping Hug You!

Myriad

Thanks, Lady_M Hug You! As for upcoming fics? My lips are sealed Very Happy

Okay, just for fun, I thought I'd upload a few pics of my Christmas gift this year- a Star Wars pop-up book Laughing It is one of the nerdiest, geekiest gifts I have ever reciecved, but also the best! It is amazing the work some people can do with just paper, it's hard to belive....Anyways, I can't think of anyone else better to share this with than my fellow Star Wars fans! Dancing! Here goes:

AT-AT walker

Ackbar Smile

Luke- his lightsaber lights up!!! Love

*has rabid fangirl moment*

Last edited by Myriad on Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total

Marani

WOW Laughing Very Happy Wink

Love Lukes lightsaber. looks like it really glows

RebelMom

Cool book. I love popup books.

Myriad

Yep Marani, it actually glows! Laughing Glad you guys liked the book

Happy New Year, everyone! Par-Tay!

bkbva

Wow, those pop-ups are really cool! Never would have thought it.

Myriad

It's been awhile... here's something to start:

Myriad's Summer Fanfic TO DO LIST:

Fics I want to work on, complete, etc, during the wonderfully free months of SUMMER!

1. Unfinished challenge/roulette responses
Yep, I have a few of them. And they really bug me. 90's songfic roulette, Missing Scene roulette, Splodey-Go-Boom challenge... I think there might be a few more waiting... I've got half-thought up ideas for all of them, but none of the will...

2. Dear Diary
Pretty much a given: write twice a month for it, don't fall behind. Sounds simple, right? Razz

3. Half-cooked ideas
I have LOTS of these! At the moment I have about 5 fics on my comp that are started, half-finished, and almost done, but need lots of work. I am a perfectionist and a nit-picker, and I have a feeling it will be awhile before I get them out. A songfic for 'Sunrise, Sunset' and 'My Immortal' & about 3 angsty AU's, and 2 not-so angsty AU's.

4. Multi-Chaps
Dare I say it? Dare I admit to having no less than 3 multi-chap (possibly 'epic' status) ideas running around in my brain right now?!? *hides* I've always considered myself a vig writer, not really able to carry across events and plot, but I'm going to do it! I'd love to churn out an intense, event-centered fic that I am truly proud of and worked on a LOT. Mostly AU's. (I seem to have an AU fettish lately Razz)

5. AVTU
Co-writing. Obviously Very Happy

6. Beta'ing & Interviewing (and indexing)
I've recently signed up to be a beta for the Beta Thread and an interviewer for the Author Interview Thread Very Happy I don't quite have the time or courage to sign up as a 'master', but beta'ing is fun =D Hopefully the Author Interviews will be fun too! And, as usual, I will continue to update the Mara Jade Index silently, anonymously, and meticulously Very Happy I really love that Mara Jade Index, I find indexing to be theraputic, even if it does stay at the lowest page numbers forever =p

Lady_Mara

Oh, Myriad, I love your project ideas--especially the idea of multi-chaptered fics. Adore the thought of an epic. Very Happy And, lands, AUs are where it's at right now Laughing I'm also a beta and I love it!!!! Dancing!

Myriad

*brushes off dust*

I agree with diva's sig over at TF.N, the boards seem so quiet lately. :\ I myself have been unbelievably busy. Lots of DRL, though the good kind. Is there good DRL? Razz Either way, lots of good things and busy things have been taking up my life lately, and I think I needed a small escape from my escapism for a bit.

How is everyone else doing? Smile