Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 KOTOR comic? (poss. spoilers) 
Rigil Kent

So, who else is reading this series? It is, I must admit, the only thing Star Wars currently being published that I am reading, and I'm really enjoying the ride (misstep with Vector aside). And this most recent issue was fantastic, especially with the possible linkage between Lucien and Darth Sion ...

So, any theories about how Vindication ends?

Wizard's First Rule: people are stupid. Given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are are afraid it might be true.

cggunnersmate

Unfortunately no. I wish I could but the nearest comic shop is a couple hours w/ a ferry ride away. I check in to Wookiepedia every once in a while to see where it's at. (not to mention I think Jarael is the hottest looking alien woman I've seen in comics her and Master Fay) I have most of the Legacy series but only the first few issues of Dark Times (which also seemed to be a good series). So there's a possible connection between Draay and Sion? It's an interesting idea if they are one and the same. So I wonder who Nihilus is/was.

Rigil Kent

cggunnersmate wrote:
USo there's a possible connection between Draay and Sion? It's an interesting idea if they are one and the same.

Just an implied one. Haazen said the following to him: "You shall be… what? Something for the illusions under which you have lived. Darth Luzion, perhaps. Darth Sion?" I think it'd be kinda cool ...

As to Nihlius, no idea...

Wizard's First Rule: people are stupid. Given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are are afraid it might be true.

Trace
Global Moderator

I love the KOTOR comics! It’s my second favorite series in the EU, after Legacy comics. (Actually, KOTOR and Legacy comics are the only things I’m reading now. I might pick up a couple of the stand alone books, but I won’t be reading any more novel series’ for the near future.)

Vindication = Duuuuuude. Hypnotized

Based on the solicits for issues # 36 & 37, we know that Zayne, Jarael, Gryph and Rohlan make it out of Vindication alive and that Zayne is starting a new era, but – just from the summaries – perhaps not as a Jedi. ‘course, who can blame the guy. I wouldn’t go back to the Jedi either after what they’ve put him through.

My guess is that either Lucien or Haazen will die. I’m not a gamer so I don’t know (or care Wink ) who Darth Scion is, but with the condition that Haazen is in, physically, I can’t see him living a whole lot longer. He’s the same age a Krynda and she looked pretty old. Then again, he’s got all those Sith toys. Worried

With Gryph’s revelations to Q’anilia and then Lucien fessing up that he ordered the padawan murders, I think Zayne is off the hook – finally – but there’s still the Republic blockade (and Jarael) up there at Haazen’s disposal…

*bites nails*

Have you seen the preview for #35?

(Come on, Zayne. You can do it, baby! Kick his ass! Whack! )

Rigil Kent

Darth Sion is one of the Sith Lords in the second KOTOR game. From wiki: "In his years as a Sith Marauder, Sion regularly fought on the front lines of the Great Sith War, and in surviving, he built up a tolerance to pain. When at last he achieved his method of immortality, every centimeter of Sion's body crawled with agony. Sion's flesh was decomposing, covered in cracks and scars, and his body existed in a state of undeath. His skeleton was fractured in thousands of places, as every bone in his body had been splintered repeatedly and then reassembled. The Force was all that held him together."

There's a conflict with the timing, though, as the Wookiee entry states that he was a Sith Lord during the time of Exar Kun (which is ~40 years or so prior to KOTOR, I think). Me, I dig the idea of Lucien becoming Sion...

And I hated seen that preview until now... go Zayne!

Trace
Global Moderator

Oh, okay. That's the guy that's on the back of the issues in the KOTOR mini add, right?

My only gripe about the fandom is that most of the discussions get derailed with talk about the game characters and speculation about who in the comic is going to become a game character. John Jackson Miller's story is SO dense and intricate that it's all I can do to keep up with what's happening in the comic series, much less worry about who might be what later on, LOL. Then again, it's so seamless that I probably couldn't tell the difference anyway. I had no idea Carth was in the game until someone told me. Laughing

TNPredsFan

KotOR and Legacy are the only reason I'm still reading the EU. I have given up on all novels set post-RotJ.

Vindication, especially the last issue, has been awesome. I have to admit, though, that I'm most excited about the February issue right now. Zayne and Jarael investigating a pleasure cruise? Raised Brow (Yeah, I'm a Zayne/Jarael shipper. Razz )

The icing on top of the February issue is the new artist, Dean Zachary. I checked out the character sketches on his website, and I love his style. I had a total geekout moment when I found out that he not only lives in my hometown but is friends with my boyfriend. My boyfriend is an artist as well and worked on Stargods, a title co-created by Dean and Scott Clark.

Rigil Kent

TNPredsFan wrote:
KotOR and Legacy are the only reason I'm still reading the EU. I have given up on all novels set post-RotJ.

Pretty sad, isn't it?

Hadn't seen Dean's stuff before (wasn't even aware they were changing artists full-time) - but he has a Luke/Mara pic! Sweet! (Although I think his Mara is a little ... ahem ... top-heavy. Comes with working in comics all the time, I suppose.)

TNPredsFan

I used to read every novel that was released, but I'm not going to continue supporting a product that I no longer enjoy. Del Rey's loss is Dark Horse's gain. I'm relatively new to comics, so I have alot of catching up to do.

I don't know if Dean is a full-time replacement or not. It doesn't look like Dustin Weaver will be back in the near future ( Sad ), and it has been a revolving door of artists for the past year. Bong Dazo's art has grown on me, but I still don't care for how he draws Zayne. Scott Hepburn needs to stay far away from KotOR. I hated his art for Vector. Neutral

I'd be a happy fangirl with a Brian Ching - Dean Z. rotation with the occasional Dazo issue.

(Although I think his Mara is a little ... ahem ... top-heavy. Comes with working in comics all the time, I suppose.)

Laughing Yeah, the boob fairy tends to visit girls once they appear in comics.

Trace
Global Moderator

TNPredsFan wrote:
Zayne and Jarael investigating a pleasure cruise? Raised Brow (Yeah, I'm a Zayne/Jarael shipper. Razz )

Right with ya, gal! With any luck, Shel has hit it off famously with Alek and has forgotten all about her childhood sweetie.

(Wish I could say the same for Azlyn in Legacy. *shoots Deliah’s wrist darts at her*)

TNPredsFan wrote:
The icing on top of the February issue is the new artist, Dean Zachary. I checked out the character sketches on his website, and I love his style. I had a total geekout moment when I found out that he not only lives in my hometown but is friends with my boyfriend. My boyfriend is an artist as well and worked on Stargods, a title co-created by Dean and Scott Clark.

I know! How awesome is that??

TNPredsFan’s boyfriend is the guest of honor at a local con in January and Dean will be there, so we’ll get to meet him. And then he’ll be at MidSouthCon with John Jackson Miller in the spring. Looking forward to that! Last year, we took JJM out to dinner and had a blast.

Rigil Kent wrote:
TNPredsFan wrote:

Pretty sad, isn't it?

I look at it as a blessing. If the novels hadn’t started sucking so bad, I might never have gotten into the comics, which are light years better than most everything that Del Rey has produced recently. On Cloud Nine

cggunnersmate

Rigil Kent wrote:

Darth Sion is one of the Sith Lords in the second KOTOR game. From wiki: "In his years as a Sith Marauder, Sion regularly fought on the front lines of the Great Sith War, and in surviving, he built up a tolerance to pain. When at last he achieved his method of immortality, every centimeter of Sion's body crawled with agony. Sion's flesh was decomposing, covered in cracks and scars, and his body existed in a state of undeath. His skeleton was fractured in thousands of places, as every bone in his body had been splintered repeatedly and then reassembled. The Force was all that held him together."

There's a conflict with the timing, though, as the Wookiee entry states that he was a Sith Lord during the time of Exar Kun (which is ~40 years or so prior to KOTOR, I think). Me, I dig the idea of Lucien becoming Sion...

And I hated seen that preview until now... go Zayne!

They just released new DLC for The Force Unleashed with some new character models/costumes. You get RoTS Anakin (looks a little frumpy), Obi-wan, Ki and Kit Fisto. You also get RoTJ Luke (hair's too light and face is a little weird), three new costumes for Starkiller. General Starkiller (he's older w/ gray hair & beard and wears a dark green trench coat), Sith Assassin Robes (he's bald with head tattoos, looks like Darth Bandon minus the goatee). Jedi combat robes (white and gold robe, hood covers half is face). And you get Darth Sion but he looks a bit different than in KOTOR II. His skin isn't all cracked like in KOTOR II though he does have some deep fissurous scars and metal bolts/rivets up his spine and a couple on his chest. He still has the one bad eye and the other has the red/yellow sith colors and HE IS BUILT. He's as big as Arnold back in Conan.

edit: You also get a Republic Commando to go with the thirty other Stormtrooper skins.

cggunnersmate

Found a couple pics of the Sion skin for TFU.