Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 Legacy (comics) discussion [Spoilers] 
Trace
Global Moderator

Beyond drooling over the hawtness of Cade Skywalker Blush how many fans of the Legacy comic series do we have here? Popcorn

I got into it after we bought a copy of Broken at C 4 and have been reading avidly ever since. So far, I've been very impressed with how the authors/artists have been building up all the different plot lines at once while still keeping the overall story and characterizations tight.

Picked up Issue # 15 today. Dude. Hypnotized Bite Nails Nervous!

EDIT 09/17/07

Like I need more ways to spend money or obsess over this series. Blush

New stuff coming out that's not the monthlies:

STAR WARS: LEGACY #0 ½
JOHN OSTRANDER (W), JAN DUURSEMA (P), DAN PARSONS (I), BRAD ANDERSON (C), and SEAN COOKE
On sale Dec 19
FC, 40 pages
$2.99

A year-and-a-half ago, we introduced you to Legacy—the future of Star Wars. The series’ original issue #0 has long been sold-out, and the information contained therein unavailable . . . until now. This greatly expanded and updated edition contains all of the information new readers need and that longtime readers are craving.

Get the lowdown on all your favorite characters, details on the ships and vehicles they pilot, and the latest on who’s related to who! This is a must-have handbook for the future of the Star Wars glaxy!

• Completely reconfigured from the original edition, with lots of new entries and information!

and the second Trade Paperback:

STAR WARS: LEGACY VOLUME 2—SHARDS
JOHN OSTRANDER (W), JAN DUURSEMA (P), COLIN WILSON (P), TRAVEL FOREMAN (P), ADAM DEKRAKER (P), DAN PARSONS (I), BRAD ANDERSON (C), RONDA PATTISON (C), and ADAM HUGHES (Cover)
On sale Feb 6
FC, 296 pages
$17.95
TPB, 7" x 10"

Cade Skywalker returns to the place of his father’s last stand against the Sith and finds far more than ghosts in this volume filled with revelations about the future of Star Wars!

Discover how the Empire joined forces with the Sith to defeat the Galactic Alliance in the war to dominate the galaxy—only to have Darth Krayt and his legion of followers usurp ultimate power for themselves! Follow the fate of an Empire divided, with battles pitting stormtrooper against stormtrooper, and Sith assassins bent on taking the life of deposed Emperor Roan Fel! Witness a galaxy in turmoil, and the decisions that will shape its future!

• This is the future of Star Wars, the continuation of the story that started in the original trilogy, and none of it has been seen before.

One of the guys on the DH boards said they should name the 3rd TPB "of" so we'd have: "Broken" "Shards" "of" ... of what???

Laughing

Last edited by Trace on Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

JayCee
Site Admin

Ack, Spoilers, NO!

Lurking Scared and Hiding Ninja

*hides until she gets her copy of #15*

Trace
Global Moderator

I won't say anything about 15 until some other folks have read it. Can we highlight-to-read here like at TFN?

Alexa

I'm a fan. I'm a fan! Very Happy

And Thank You! Trace for it!

I don't mind spoilers. Very Happy

JayCee
Site Admin

"Spoiler information must be coloured out. Use the following code to colour out spoiler information, do note you will need to remove the spaces.

[ color=#7A7A7A]Spoilers[ /color] "

From the Spoiler FAQ Wink

Oh dear lord... let that get to me soon... I really want to try to not be spoiled for this... GAH!

Scared and Hiding

bkbva

Now that I'm slowly catching, up, I must say that it's fascinating to read the editorials and letters in each issue. Of course, if I wasn't so spoiled, it might not be as much. Very Happy But still, I'm finding there's plenty I'm not actually spoiled for. I did get a kick out of reading the apology for a colorization issue in #7 with a corrected reprint.

Trace
Global Moderator

bkbva wrote:
I did get a kick out of reading the apology for a colorization issue in #7 with a corrected reprint.

LOL! That was fixed in the TPB, so I didn't know about it until someone mentioned the coloring error that had originally been released. (I wonder if that issue is worth more now, LOL.)

I can see how that would have been confusing. The implication seems to be that Cade had a romantic encounter there, which wouldn't be much of a stretch with Deliah, since they have a history together. But him going to Marasiah's bedroom would have made NO sense at ALL! LMAO

Someone at TFN asked about a line of dialogue in 15 that seemed out of place. Jan Duursema said that the dialogue bubble tail was off and that it is Cade's line and not one of the Sith's. Makes MUCH more sense now.

Laughing

bkbva

Trace wrote:
[LOL! That was fixed in the TPB, so I didn't know about it until someone mentioned the coloring error that had originally been released. (I wonder if that issue is worth more now, LOL.)

I can see how that would have been confusing. The implication seems to be that Cade had a romantic encounter there, which wouldn't be much of a stretch with Deliah, since they have a history together. But him going to Marasiah's bedroom would have made NO sense at ALL! LMAO

Yeah, I know. I have the TPB too, so I immediately pulled it out to look. "Hmm, looks right to me. Hmmm, I guess they fixed it."

So then I was studying the panel, which is now of course up in my room and I'm downstairs at the computer. Weren't there two glasses on the table with the bottle? Are you sure they didn't have an encounter there? Laughing

I'm pacing myself, sort of. As you could guess from my comments, I read #9 tonight. I'll probably read #10 tomorrow.

AG88

JayCee wrote:
Ack, Spoilers, NO!

Lurking Scared and Hiding Ninja

*hides until she gets her copy of #15*

Laughing Opps! I am in charge of getting JayCee her copy of the comic. But in my defense, I am now living in the country and these people don't seem to know how important that comic is to people. Razz As soon as I can find it I will get it to you JayCee.

AG88

I love my EOD man!

JayCee
Site Admin

AG88 - Don't sweat it girl! You were busy on a move and I know reallife always comes first. So I made a deal with the devil... Twisted Evil Trace that is... Angel

Trace
Global Moderator

bkbva wrote:
Weren't there two glasses on the table with the bottle? Are you sure they didn't have an encounter there? Laughing

Well, I think there was some ‘Cadeliah’ bow-chica-bow-bow going on there Wink , but some folks don’t read it that way. (But I’m a shameless C/D shipper. Love Although, I could almost see Syn/Blue after reading 15. )

AG88 wrote:
As soon as I can find it I will get it to you JayCee.

I mailed JayCee’s out yesterday. Need me to send you a copy, AG88?

(I feel like I’m pushing deathsticks here, but these comics are kinda like crack… Reading )

bkbva

Trace wrote:
Well, I think there was some ‘Cadeliah’ bow-chica-bow-bow going on there Wink , but some folks don’t read it that way. (But I’m a shameless C/D shipper. Love Although, I could almost see Syn/Blue after reading 15. )

Well, I can't comment on 15, but I did go look at that page again, and not only are there two glasses, but there's a dent in the pillow next to Delilah. So.... Thinking Wink

AG88

Trace wrote:
I mailed JayCee’s out yesterday. Need me to send you a copy, AG88?

(I feel like I’m pushing deathsticks here, but these comics are kinda like crack… Reading )

Laughing Nah, the Borders store in town carries the comics, but they are just slow at getting them on the shelf. It should be there next week. Thanks anyway!

AG88

I love my EOD man!

JayCee
Site Admin

bkbva wrote:
Well, I can't comment on 15, but I did go look at that page again, and not only are there two glasses, but there's a dent in the pillow next to Delilah. So.... Thinking Wink

Two glasses, dent in the pillow, and clothes strung out over the sofa in the background, no nightshirt on Delilah, and he's in her room without her waking up, and you don't see him making this 'goodbye' to anyone else...

yeah... how can you say there wasn't something going on there???

bkbva

JayCee wrote:
Two glasses, dent in the pillow, and clothes strung out over the sofa in the background, no nightshirt on Delilah, and he's in her room without her waking up, and you don't see him making this 'goodbye' to anyone else...

yeah... how can you say there wasn't something going on there???

Hot dang, you're right, I missed the clothing! That's my problem with comics in general -- I don't study the pictures enough. I guess I've got to remember the saying -- a picture is worth a thousand words. Laughing