Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 Introduce yourself! 
JayCee
Site Admin

We had this on the last board, and it was fun!

Answer the following questions below to introduce yourself to the boards! Don't be shy!!

1. A little bit about myself...

2. My favorite StarWars characters, couples, situations!

3. OT or PT?

4. Writer or Reader or both?

5. What types of fics do you like to write and/or read?

6. Things I like other than StarWars, if such things exist. Wink

7. How did you find SWFF?

8. [FILL IN YOUR OWN QUESTION HERE - HAVE FUN WITH IT]

ginchy
Global Moderator

I'll start. Razz

My name is Amanda, and I'm 27. I've been married for just over four years and I work in inter-library loan at a university hospital.

Luke. Love Mara. Love Luke/Mara Love Love hee. I also love Lando, Karrde, and Artoo Detoo. One of my favorite scenes in the OT is the sail barge in ROTJ.

3. OT or PT?

OT, no matter what my misguided husband may say. pfft.

Both, and very enthusiastically. I love fanfic!

I like to read and write mush/romance/humor. I like to read drama, but don't feel that I can write it so well. Angst hurts my belly, but if it's balanced with other genres, I'm willing to give it a chance.

Oh, my... Wink Let's see, I love The X-Files, Harry Potter, Friends, and Bill Kurtis docudramas on A&E. I generally read non-fiction as I get my fiction fix from fanfic, and I have a cat that is my pride-and-joy.

JayCee beat me down and told me I had to post here. Laughing No, seriously, I think it was Trace who told me about the old board, in Feb 06, and then I migrated here. I had severe SWFF withdrawls during those dark months of down time. LOL

8. How long have you been reading/writing fanfic, and how many fanfics have you read/written?

I have been reading fanfic for 9 years. I would say, honestly, that I have read thousands of fanfics over many different fandoms (mostly in The X-Files, Harry Potter, and Star Wars). In a ballpark figure, I'd say that I have written around 60 one-shot vigs (including ginchy-shine), 3 chaptered stories, and around 20 drabbles. That doesn't even touch the number of fics I've beta'd! Fanfic is my hobby. Laughing

AG88

I am a little older than most of the crowd here. I have been a Star Wars fan for thirty years. I enlisted the Army when I was 17 years old. I later attended a military academy and became an officer upon graduation. I got out and spent a few years traveling throughout Europe. I came back to the states and got a Master's degree in Biology, but I never worked in the field because I had my first child a few weeks after graduation.

I have two little boys now and I am currently going crazy doing renovations on my summer home to make it ready for year-round living.

Luke and Mara, of course. I like to read about them before they married.

3. OT or PT?

Definately the OT.

I read and draw, but my sock writes and has some stories posted here. I usually don't tell anybody who my sock is because my sock sometimes writes some embarrassing stories.

Luke and Mara romance stories.

6. Things I like other than StarWars, if such things exist.

I like weightlifting, orienteering, jogging, reading, writing, drawing and photography.

I was around when SWFF was created.

8. What are your favorite fanfics?

I have about a half dozen I really like--Whisper Your Weakness, The Taming of the Jedi, As Long As We are Together, The Arrangement, The One Night series, and Secret Pleasures are some of my favorites.

I love my EOD man!

Trace
Global Moderator

I never know what to say with these, LOL. Let's see: By day, I'm a wife and mother and I turn into an ICU nurse at night. For fun, I'm a fangirl with a Darth Vader decal on my minivan and a Rebel Alliance symbol tattoo on my ankle.

Fave Characters: Darth Vader was my first girl-hood crush in 1977. (I was 7 - stop laughing!...Ah, who am I kidding? I'd still do him. ) I wanted to be Princess Leia when I grew up and somewhere between TESB and ROTJ, I fell hopelessly in love with Luke Skywalker. In 1991, I picked up a copy of HttE and a Mara Jade fangirl was born. We bought up a copy of Broken at C 4 and I've been infatuated with Cade Skywalker ever since.

Fave Couples: Luke/Mara, Talon/Shada, Ben/Mirta (yeah, I know it's a pipe dream) and Cade/Deliah (probably more wishful thinking, but a girl can dream, right?)

Fave Situations: Romance, comedy, action, drama.

3. OT or PT?

OT and beyond.

Both.

I write whatever the muse dictates, which can vary drastically depending on whether she's dragging her bare toes through the sand or stomping around in her black leather boots.

I read a variety, but I'm the proverbial moth-to-the-flame when it comes to L/M romance and happy Skywalker family stories.

6. Things I like other than Star Wars, if such things exist.

I love music and listen to everything from opera to alternative rock. While not a year-round obsession, I do enjoy costuming for Sci-Fi Cons.

I've been a member since the original SWSB board.

8. If you could be a Disney Princess, which one would you be?

Belle. The independant one who doesn't need a Prince Charming to save her or make her happy. Wink

Last edited by Trace on Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:24 am; edited 1 time in total

JayCee
Site Admin

My name is JayCee, I used to work in Cinema's, now I work in Customer Services. One day I'll get the guts to send my novel off to a publisher, but for now, I love my fan fic friends!!!

Mara is my fav character in the EU, the movies, well, used to have a Han fetish, but now I have a Luke fetish. Wink I am absolutely in love with Cade Skywalker. Love

3. OT or PT?

OT, ROTJ is my favorite of the films!

Both, I read more than I write. Wink

I'll ready pretty much any type/genre/style at least once. I'm partical to romance, angst, drama... anything fun!

Hugh X-Files fan back in the day! Right now I like LOST, Dr Who, StarGate, Ghost Whisper, Law&Order, and Supernatural!

Was here at the beginning... literally! from SWSB to SWFF v. 1 Wink

8. Why write/read high rated fiction?

Why not? We should never feel ashamed to express ourselves!

MaraJade001

My name is Mary, and I'm OLD... well, older than a lot of you here, I'm sure. I'm so old that I remember seeing Ep IV in the theater back when it was just Star Wars. Wink In real life I work for an architecture firm in the marketing department. My title is Marketing Coordinator, but I get to dabble in graphics. I'm a Photoshop freak (or is that geek?), and I happily devour anything Photoshop related. I'm single and the proud Meowmy to two kitties, Buffy and Sunny.

Hands down, Mara! I've got the serious hots for Luke (and have since I was a little girl watching SW in the theater). Naturally, my favorite couple is L/M. I love it in the pro-fic when Luke and Mara fight side-by-side. Sadly that doesn't seem to happen very often.

3. OT or PT?
OT! Like I said, I grew up with the OT, so it holds a special place in my heart. I liked the PT, but it just never grabbed me the way the OT did. ROTJ is my favorite film because we get to see JEDI LUKE! Luke's hot! Drool

Reader, although I did write one fanfic years ago called "How Zahn Could Fix This Mess, V2." Perhaps I'll return to writing someday, but I'm a major procrastinator where writing is concerned. And when I do write I tend to rush through the thing.

Why L/M, of course! Wink Love the romance, drama, action fics. Not too much into angst... unless it ends with L/M being happy together. I love reading the fics written before they get married since I think there's a lot there that we were deprived of in pro-fic.

Photoshop, Pat Benatar, Heart, Lost, Heroes, Buffy, Angel, 24, SG-1, Supernatural, Prison Break, Friends (best comedy show EVER!), X-Files, Harry Potter, Stephen King novels, Jason Bourne, Dresden Files (books and TV), Ghost Whisperer, Dead Zone, Eureka, Psych. (Wow! I watch a lot of TV!)

Through a link on TF.N in Trace's signature.

8. Why read fanfic?
Because at the moment it's a heck of a lot better than pro-fic!

Last edited by MaraJade001 on Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Re: Introduce yourself! 
bkbva

I'm Beth, and by the rules of this board, I'm probably older than sin. Very Happy I'm definitely older than AG88, I know that for certain, we've compared notes. I'm a CPA who goes nuts at various times of the year; married forever with two kids. My son is 16 and my daughter is 21 and will graduate college next May.

Favorite character - Luke. Come on, he was cute, he was the hero, he had the FORCE! Of course, that puts Mara right up there as the other half of my favorite couple.

3. OT or PT?

What's a PT? Razz

Seriously, the PT may have it's moments, but most of them were probably better left unwritten. Although there is that little bitty problem that I wouldn't be anywhere near these boards without it.

Reader. I suppose if I really tried, I might actually be able to write something, but I don't have the patience.

I guess I like the romantic stories the best, but I guess a well-written story that has the feel of the movies would do, too (think Zahn for example, as he can't write romance to save his life pretty much).

Murder mysteries, especially humorous ones (see the what else are you reading thread). TV - The Dead Zone, House, Law & Order. Probably a few I'm not thinking of. That's just the stuff on now. Pretty eclectic, huh?

Speaking of which -- must watch Pushing Daisies! Saw the pilot and it's great!

A series of links from TFN to the old board, I think.

8. When did you realize you were a fangirl?

Lately, I guess. Boy, I wish the internet had been around long ago, my life would have been very different. I've been to a couple of small cons in the last 10 years, but going to Comic-Con in San Diego this year was quite an experience.

Diva

I am also older than sin. I am married, with a teenage son and an almost-teenage daughter. I live in New England and I have been a SW fan since the Tantive IV glided across the screen in a movie theater in the 70ís.

Love Luke and Mara. I also like Han and Leia, and I like Jaina but donít give a damn who she hooks up with.

3. OT or PT?

OT. That was where the magic started. Oh baby. I did like Padmeís dresses, though.

Both.

I like all kinds, humor, romance, action, mystery. You name it. The only thing I canít tolerate to read is graphic, gratuitous violence or violence toward children.

I do crafts Ė I scrapbook, make jewelry, knit. I go to the theater whenever I can. I like to travel. As for entertainment, I really donít watch a lot of TV except for Top Chef and Project Runway. Although I was following 24 for a while there.

Literally, by linking in Traceís TF.N bio, but I was around in the old SWFF.

8. If you learn a new skill, what would it be?

I would like to learn to sail. I have friends who sail and they swear it is a spiritual experience.

Jedi_Lover

Okay, I have to admit it... I AM A SOCK!! Yep, I have been relegated to the fringes of society because I like to post somewhat 'adult' rated fanfiction. Does that seem fair?

If you have read any of my stories, then you know I love Mara and Luke.

3. OT or PT?

OT!! The only PT movie I could tolerate is ROTS.

Both.

I do some collaborations with Trace and occassionally write L/M romance viggies. I did one HUGE epic called CHOICES! That story JayCee and Trace talked me into continuing. It originally was a viggie.

I complain a lot.

I was there from the beginning.

8. Who in SWFF have you ever met in real life?

I have met bkbva. I have also talked on the phone with Trace and JayCee. Nowadays I am living so deep in the woods that I probably only have a chance of running into a Rancor.

JadeLotus

I want to know how old sin actually is... Wink

I am a 21 year old Australian currently in London, currently working as a PA.

Of course Luke and Mara! I also love Han, Leia, Lando, Vader, Ben and Wedge

3. OT or PT?

OT of course! The PT had so much potential, but... le sigh...

Love to read and love to write, although I haven't done enough of the latter lately!

All kinds, really, L/M romance of course, but also Luke-Han friendship, Lando fics, OT fics, anything with Luke in it!

Harry Potter, reading (actual books!), film (and film-making), travelling.

Was with SWSB, then moved to SWFF and am now here.

8. What's your best excuse for not writing fanfic updates?

Eh, I'm just lazy sometimes!

Lady_Mara

Hello!!!! Very Happy Very Happy

1. A little about myself...
I live in Central Florida, have worked in the mental health field, and am now transitioning into medical transcription.
2. Fave couples???? Luke and Mara, always, forever, and practiclly only!!! Laughing Seriously, I love me some Benella, and H/L. Smile
3. OT, all the way. Smile
4. Reader, avidly, I don't know what profic is anymore. Laughing Except for everything by Zahn, Stackpole, and Allston.
5. Types of genres for fics?? Romance, humor, and drama, separately and all mixed. Smile
6. Other things besides Star Wars: love old movies, smooth jazz, love ballads, and trying all kinds of restaraunts. Love tubing and roller coasters. Laughing Love to read mysteries. Hooked on Lifetime series featuring strong women, like Strong Medicine and recently Army Wives. Smile

Yes, Jade Lotus, we're starved for updates at TFN. Very Happy Hugs!

How I found SWFF.... I was registered at the original SWFF, and made sure to join up again.

For those mystified by my intense enthusiasm, at TFN, I'm known as the SQUEE! nut, Jade_eyes!!! Love Smile Intense and eternal follower of diva, Jade_Pilot, WyoJedi, ginchy, etc. Smile

kayladie

I'm Kathy, I'm slightly younger than sin (I figure that's when all the fun started happening...), divorced, and the mother of one 10-year-old son named Jacob (and I will bore you to tears braggin' on him if you get me started). I live in South Carolina and I just completed a course in Certified Medical Assisting at Greenville Tech. And now I have a JOB, which starts the Tuesday after Labor Day!

Luke Skywalker, hands down. I can't even read a story, profic or fanfic, if it doesn't have Luke in it. I like Mara almost as much as Luke.

3. OT or PT?

Absolutely OT. It just does not get any better than "No, I am your father" to me. Although the scene where the mask comes down on Vader and you hear the mechanical breathing for the first time in ROTS comes close!

Both, but I've been slacking lately on the writing. Sad

I like to read just about anything if it has Luke or Luke/Mara. Humor, AU's, action, romance. I love to write angst and torture!! But I must have happy endings in all things. *nods*

I'm utterly obsessed with the show Smallville and Tom Welling, who plays Clark Kent. I love slash in my other fandoms, so often if I'm online I'm reading a Clark/Lex story for SV or a Harry/Draco story in HP. I also collect comic books, mostly concentrating on Superman and Batman titles.

I've been here off and on since the beginning.

8. Mairzey doats and dozey doats and liddlelams eadivy. A kiddle eadivy, too. Wouldn't you?

Ew, no. That's disgusting. Sick

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Don't worry, I'm sure there's help for that...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Lady_Mara

Congrats on the job, Kayladie. Clapping Very Happy *roses* I'm that way about stories, too. It has to have Luke AND Mara in it. Kiss! Love

Blue_but_beautiful

I have many names, most of which aren't my real one Laughing (only my parents call me that Razz) I'm mostly known around the interwebs as Nen's, Nenia or Blue - But if you want to make up a new name, be my guest Wink
I'm an almost 25 year old avid Star Wars nut living in the UK, I work as a projectionist for the arts alliance and as a freelance artist for..well..just about anyone who will pay me right Razz
I only really recently got back into writing star wars fanfic's after my degree finished in 05, before I had been known to write a few here and there - but I imagine all those sites are defunked now Wink
Fan art i've never really stopped with, I just have to draw some of those art bunnies that make their homes in my head. I'd say I was outgoing and a little bit hyper-mental but you'll probably already know that Razz

Ai, now thats a difficult one, I wouldn't say I have faves in terms of couples, but I do have an insane love for all things Yuuzhan Vong - I know most people hated them, but I found them fascinating to read about, i'd say my faves included Shedao Shai, Tsavong Lah and Nen Yim. So for pairings, i'd have to say Tsavong Lah and Seef...no one seemed to develop that plot after Denning left off with it Sad
I would say that I definantly take a shine to reading any 'darkside' themed fics, so i'm enjoying reading everyones challenge responses! Already have one or two to add to the list of faves Smile
I'll write just about anything (PG, Adult, slash, het, femslash) with a few exceptions.
oh...I also quite like Boba Fett too Wink

3. OT or PT?

OT, the first film I ever saw in the cinema was ROTJ, it wowed me then - even though I cannot remember much about the actual experience, I know it sent me off up obsession alley for the rest of my childhood Laughing

Both, I love to read other peoples work Cool , often much more than I enjoy writing fics!

I love a good angst bunny, both to read and write, you'll rarely find a truly happy ending in my fics ( if you do, let me know so I can fix that Wink ). A bit of romance is good here and there but i'm not one for out and out mush/fluff really. I'm an S+M chick, definantly Twisted Evil

Such things exist?! Surprised Seriously though, I love art (and muffins Wink ) of all different kinds, both appreciating it and creating it, I love visual communication especially, the stuff that took really deep thought to convey the message. I am a designer/maker by trade, so I love to get messy when making all kinds of things, the stuff you'll see in my art thread is relatively tame on a scale of 1- messy for me.
Music, i'm a metal head, but am not adverse to listening to other types - I own a lot of movie soundtracks, they are great for writing fic to.

Well there was I minding my own business at Celebration Europe when this mad-woman - aka Jaycee - pinned me against a wall and said if I didn't go to SWFF the moment I got home, she'd call me names until I bled Wink
I am certain I recall the old site, but it was Jaycee that mentioned it during the CE fanfic writers meet up that got me interested, and here I am!

8. Why do you write about 'alternative' characters?

And by alternative I suppose I mean the lesser seen/known/liked characters. Initially I was not sure, but I have always rooted for the baddies in most fandoms i've liked. The rules are far more widely set for the bad-guys/girls and it's great fun to write evil-doers. It gives you such a wide scope for a new approach to subjects most people won't go into with these characters, and I just love getting inside these peoples heads. It is in many ways a challenge, because few people have been where you are about to go with your writing, and when you find someone that has it's always a laugh to compare notes Wink

Spike

I'm Simon. AKA Sie, Spike, Oi You and probably others. But the first two are most common. I'm a student that is currently in limbo waiting for his results. This has given me an excuse to be lazy and not doing anything fanfic related for years.

I'm always a big fan of the bad guys, and stuff where bad guys get together and win.

3. OT or PT?

OT

Once a writer, now currently a reader. Will one day be a writer again Razz

Action/Adventure epic types.

*dons Jaycee-proof armour* Battlestar Galactica. The BEST sci-fi show EVER!

Jaycee came to my house, strapped me in a chair and repeatedly hit me until I registered Razz

8. Just HOW awesome is Battlestar Galactica?

Even moreso than Babylon 5 and Firefly Laughing

*runs away*