Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic

Jade's Fire

Trace wrote:
This weekend was a wake-up call. It's finally cool enough here to wear jeans and the ones I could squeeze into were really tight. *groan* It's my own fault. I was bad this summer and slacked off working out and eating right. Time to get back in gear.

It's always clothes or pictures. What really got me before my first big weight loss, my wife took a picture of my daughter and me at from the side. I was huge! I'm fairly certain I started the South Beach Diet within a week of seeing that picture.
I'm still stalled in my efforts this time around. I'm eating fairly well, but probably not as good as I should be, and I'm still not lifting any weights. Hopefully, the old willpower will kick in soon.
Good luck Trace!

RebelMom

I was doing well before I got laid off. I tend to eat when I get stressed. I'm trying to keep up with the exercise anyway.

Jade's Fire

RebelMom wrote:
I was doing well before I got laid off. I tend to eat when I get stressed. I'm trying to keep up with the exercise anyway.

I hope things clear up for you.

I still haven't started exercising, but I am on Phase 1 of the South Beach Diet again. I wasn't gaining weight, but I had stopped losing. Phase 1 is fairly strict, and I'll be on it for two weeks (today was day four). And last night our college football team (WVU) was on tv, and that usually means Papa Johns Pizza...
I could've cried.

Jade's Fire

Well, still no luck on the exercise front. I have, however, lost enough weight that I can comfortably fit back into my 'skinny' jeans. They now actually fit better than my normal jeans, and I haven't worn this size since college. Actually, I bought this pair in college, then couldn't wear them because I gained too much weight!
Now, if I can just start exercising again, and remove what's left of this spare tire from around my waist, I will be a happy camper.

bkbva

Woo-hoo for you!

kenobi

Congrats Jade's Fire on the skinny jeans!

ugh this is always the hardest time of the year for me...I excercise less, and of course I have to sample all of the holiday goodies! that's ok, it's still one of my favorite times of the year Razz

Jade's Fire

Thank you!
Oddly enough, when I lose weight, it's usually around this time of year. I'm pretty well-behaved during the week, and I'll let myself go a little on the weekends. It seems to work. When it gets hot, and I go on ice cream binges, that's when I have trouble!
Damn Ben and Jerry's!

Trace
Global Moderator

That's awesome! *cheers*

I think I have discovered my motivation: Costumes. [your laugh here] I was all about losing weight before C 4 while I was making new costumes and now there's a Con coming up in February. Got my eye on a new costume and I've been hitting the gym pretty hard. We shall see, LOL.

Jade's Fire

Trace wrote:
That's awesome! *cheers*

I think I have discovered my motivation: Costumes. [your laugh here] I was all about losing weight before C 4 while I was making new costumes and now there's a Con coming up in February. Got my eye on a new costume and I've been hitting the gym pretty hard. We shall see, LOL.

Hey, whatever works! Smile Clothes are great motivation. Works for me too.

Jade's Fire

I've finally managed to start the exercising again! Hurrah! I managed to get the day off of work yesterday (thank God, considering we got about 6 inches of snow!) and I put in 30 minutes on the elliptical. I plan to do it again on Saturday. Couldn't manage to hit the weights yet, as the basement is a mess and stuff is strewn all around my lifting area. But I started! For me, that's the hardest part. I always feel better after I start, so once I get going, no problem.

Jade's Fire

It continues! Day two of 30 minutes on the elliptical.
I'm on a roll!
Laughing

JayCee
Site Admin

I just want to say that, for the first time in I don't know how long, I am under 16 stone. I am proud of that!

RebelMom

Good for you. Clapping

Jade's Fire

JayCee wrote:
I just want to say that, for the first time in I don't know how long, I am under 16 stone. I am proud of that!

I don't have any idea what that translates to, but congratulations!

ginchy
Global Moderator

Congrats, JayCee! Smile

I don't think I mentioned in the thread that I joined a gym as my New Year's Resolution. It's been fun. It's an all women's gym and I go with two of my buddies. Right now I'm only doing treadmill and circuit training, but I joined for a year, so I think I'll end up trying other things. I've actually got some definition in my upper arms already, just from going three times a week! I've noticed that I can run up steps easier and open packages that I used to struggle with here at work. The only bad part is I feel like I'm always going to the gym or just getting back from the gym or thinking about having to go to the gym... it's eating into my fanfic time. Laughing