Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 The *Non-Star Wars* fanfic thread -- New Discussion July 7th 
Myriad

Attention fanfiction fans! Very Happy Though we all come here for our Star Wars-based obsessions, I'm sure you have other fanfiction interests. This is the place to come and discuss them. C'mon all you Harry Potter, Phantom of the Opera, Sound of Music (that's me Blush), TV show, or any other fans! I know you're out there! Wink

Discuss your likes and dislikes, favorite fandoms, and even recomend a fic or two (or a few)! Wink Have fun, and maybe in the process a fan will find a new area to expand their horizons! Dancing!

First off: What are some of your favorite fandoms to read from?

Last edited by Myriad on Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:07 pm; edited 2 times in total

ginchy
Global Moderator

Quick note:

Feel free to link stories in this thread, but please do not link to NC-17 or higher rated fics directly. You may link to a site that houses said fic(s), just not directly as this is a public forum. Thanks!

Last edited by ginchy on Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:41 am; edited 1 time in total

ginchy
Global Moderator

Great thread, miss dreams! I think this one was made for me! hee!

Let's see... my favorite fandoms to read from...

The X-files and Harry Potter are my biggies. XF was my first fandom, followed by HP.

redtenko

I used to write for Cowboy Bebop, and one of these days I'll finish that friggin fanfic...

Lately though, the other fandom I've been reading is Pride and Prejudice. Mainly to do with a little experiment called "Can I find fanfiction for P&P that's better than the published P&P 'sequels'?" The answer is most definatly YES.

oh, and Farscape smut. gotta have me some Farscape smut Twisted Evil

Lady_Mara

miss dreams, how cool is this!!!!! Kiss! Very Happy

I love Star Trek and Dragonriders of Pern Smile Smile I haven't found fanfiction sites for these delightful non-SW series, but if anyone can recommend any that are on a par with TFN for SW, I'll be stoked. Dancing! Smile

bkwrm

My new fanfic obsession is Robin Hood, based on the BBC series. I am using these stories to tide me over until the second season airs here in the U.S. Sad

First I have to wait for it to air in Britain then I have to wait forever to get it on BBCAmerica over here. Makes me wish I lived in England.

It might be surprising that Robin and Marion fics aren't my favorite (although I do like them), I actually prefer and love Will/Djaq stories. So far the only site I have found them on is fanfiction.net. I am going to start searching for more.

Trace
Global Moderator

I'm so boring. Star Wars is my only 'fandom.'
Blush

I did write a Phantom viggie once, but it never made it beyond my Live Journal. The Phantom of the Opera reviewers at AFF.N scared me, LOL.

JayCee
Site Admin

redtenko wrote:
I used to write for Cowboy Bebop, and one of these days I'll finish that friggin fanfic...

I have wanted to write a Bebop/SW crossover... I want to see how how well Spike and Mara would get along... Wink And then of course Faye trying to use Luke to her advantage. Very Happy

When I watched the Bebop film... the first Spike and Electra scene just had me fan girling! LOL

Myriad

Trace: Aww, don't worry! I'm pretty lame too! Laughing

Hmm, I am mostly a Star Wars fanfic-er, no other fandom really seems to send me anywhere. I'll read it, but I wont really get any thrill out of it. Just... eh. Neutral However, I do have a few that I still pop in and read once and awhile..

I must confess. I love to read The Sound of Music fanfics! I am such a dork! It is one of my favorite movies, and I just can't get enough of Maria/Georg... teehee Blush It's so cute!!! *huggles* I also have read an amazing King Kong fanfic... here's the link if any of you want to check it out: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2838944/1/The_Writer_and_the_Actress. This writer is frekking amazing! Dancing! . And if long fics aren't your thing, check out her other story.

*sigh* No matter how many times I jump to other fandoms, I always come crawling back to star wars... Laughing Hugs! Very Happy Nothing beats a good dose of L/M mushiness! Love Wub You Wink

redtenko

I want to see how how well Spike and Mara would get along... Wink And then of course Faye trying to use Luke to her advantage. Very Happy

I figure it's Jet that Mara would get along best with, Faye would make Luke uncomfortable for a short period before he started moralizing on her, and meanwhile Han and Spike find a cantina to drink at while artoo tries to fend off Ed with is arc welder, because if she gets to him, there may be some disessembling

JayCee
Site Admin

redtenko wrote:
I figure it's Jet that Mara would get along best with, Faye would make Luke uncomfortable for a short period before he started moralizing on her, and meanwhile Han and Spike find a cantina to drink at while artoo tries to fend off Ed with is arc welder, because if she gets to him, there may be some disessembling

hhhmmm... I still want to see Mara/Spike... dunno... something about two tortured souls that get to me... of course it wouldn't work out in the end because of how they feel for Luke and Julia but hey... like I said, total fangirled at Spike/Electra... I can see similar stuff happening... Wink

I think Jet and Han would get along... be friends.

but Ed and Artoo... never thought of that... that would be so much fun!

did you see my song-fic to Call Me, Call Me by the Seatbelts? Jap Anime music FTW!

redtenko

JayCee wrote:

hhhmmm... I still want to see Mara/Spike... dunno... something about two tortured souls that get to me... of course it wouldn't work out in the end because of how they feel for Luke and Julia but hey... like I said, total fangirled at Spike/Electra... I can see similar stuff happening... Wink
did you see my song-fic to Call Me, Call Me by the Seatbelts? Jap Anime music FTW!

Mara/Spike? that...that might actually totally work for a while, considering their personalities, but in the end I think her lifestyle would be too much for him. The man does like to relax.

Personally I always paired Spike up with Faye....because it's just more fun that way. I loved Faye, I have a soft spot for loud women with irrational personalities, and Julia didn't manage to impress me in her five minutes of screen time. Electra...was....fine. I dunno, I keep going back and forth on her with no adequate explainations as to what it is I like/dont like about her either way.

but YES, I did see your song fic Very Happy! Cowboy Bebop had some of the best music out there, but Yoko Kano who writes the music never ever ever dissappoints. That woman is beyond genius--she's so inceredibly adaptable. Japan isn't exactly all about jazz, but she learned it and excelled at it, just as she learned and excelled in a total 180 gregorian/celtic classical score for Vision of Escaflowne (one of my older yet still favored obsessions). And the singer for some of the songs, Mai Yamanae I believe (dont know if he's lead for Yoko Kano and the Seatbelts or if he was just hired for the CB gig) sounds like he just plain swallowed an american history of rock and roll. I played Gotta Knock a Little Harder for my friend who's obsessed with old school rock and she completely believed it was an old american song she'd managed not to hear before. definately DEFINATELY ftw!

JayCee
Site Admin

Yeah, Mike/Spike won't last, but it would be so much fun for a one-time crossover fic... Very Happy

I like Faye... but dunno... I think she's too obvious, you know she likes Spike but he's too hung up on Julia... who is only cool because of her affect on Spike... Wink as for Electra, what can I say, she was a bit Mara-ish to me so win!

I don't know a lot about Yoko Kano, but I know now that I have yet not to like any song with her name attached! I'll have to check out what you've suggested. Wink

redtenko

Ive watched anime without knowing what it was about just becase I found out Yoko Kano wrote the score. she has never let me down.

Faye is actually very complex as a person if you think about her, but it doesnt always get taken advantage of. When done right, fics that deal with how she compares old earth to new solar system can be fantastic.

JayCee
Site Admin

Oh, I know she is complex, just too much of an obvious team-up for Spike. Wink

hhhmmmm... i may just need to watch the movie tonight...