Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 SW timeline 
redtenko

I'm working on a fic where I'll be bouncing around certain dates. Could anyone help me out with, or link me to a Star Wars Timeline? (yes I know, bad fangirl doesn't know her calendar) A simple one, if that's possible, I dont need to know how every single comic book fits into the chronology...

dates I'm looking for:

destruction of Jedi Temple
destruction of Alderaan
battle of Endor
end of Thrawn Crisis (TLC)
Corran and Mara at Academy (I Jedi)

EtahnAbaht

At least relative to the Battle of Yavin, which seems to be the yard-stick officially, and according to the first edition of the Essential Chronology:

destruction of Jedi Temple: 18 B.B.Y.
destruction of Alderaan: 0 B.B.Y.
battle of Endor: 4 A.B.Y.
end of Thrawn Crisis (TLC): 9 A.B.Y. (this one troubles me as the Official Chronology fails to account for how long - it is noted that the New Republic was kicked off Coruscant a few months after Thrawn's death and that was around 10 B.B.Y. Again exactly where in the course of a year events took place seems to have been treated rather haphazardly)
Corran and Mara at Academy (I Jedi): 12 A.B.Y.

I always find Wookieepedia, http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page , to be fairly useful for things that don't involve judgment calls. It has a timeline at http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline .

Some of the novels have/had timelines for when the events took place by book. I do not know if more recent publications and printings still do.

I was going to recommend checking out Star Wars Timeline Gold, http://www.starwarsfanworks.com/timeline/index.html, but after glancing through it to try and cross check I don't believe it's particularly suited to your purposes. It is a fairly comprehensive chronology resembling a high school history textbook more than anything. However, lacking an index and with long strings of text without dates to orient, it is less useful than it might be as a research tool. If you don't have a rough sense of where time wise and a good sense of what order things took place, it's far too long to use in that manner.

redtenko

ooh this is just what I needed, thank you! Hug You!

EtahnAbaht

EDIT: I just checked on something that bothered me after I looked at my post again. The events late in I, Jedi, surrounding the rescue of Mirax, are listed as having taken place 12 A.B.Y. However, the book itself was set to begin around the same time as the Jedi Academy trilogy, which started 11 A.B.Y. So, I think I goofed Embarassed and that the period in which Corran and Mara were at the Academy was actually during the 11th year After the the Battle of Yavin, certainly it was during 11 A.B.Y. that Kyp put Luke into a comma.

JayCee
Site Admin

TFN also has http://www.theforce.net/timeline/ The Ultimate Timeline, I find it pretty useful myself!