Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic

redtenko

Update- The hamster is safe! but we still dont know how she got out. The only logical conclusion: Bubu is Shrodinger's Hamster

ginchy
Global Moderator

rough draft of an Luke/Mara piece with preps for a Karrde/Shada sequel.

YES, MA'AM. That's what I want to see. Chaucer-Smaucer. Wink Laughing

But, seriously. L/M, K/S. YES. Very Happy

And I'm gonna have to look up Shrodinger. LOL! ETA: Yeah, that's too much for my lil' ole brain. Silly ROFL

redtenko

ginchy - the paper got written, but the fanfic is now definately on the table! I've got my outline all prepped and ready, but question: does tf.n allow fics with same sex couples or refrences to them? they seem kinda conservative over there but I really dont want to change this character...

Myriad

To answer your question red:

From the Fanfiction FAQ: Slash:
As defined by the TFN Archive lexicon, slash fiction is "fanfic featuring people of the same gender romantically involved." The JC does not permit such stories, including fiction of other genres that while not technically slash contain some of the elements that make up a slash fic. As they are used in officially released material, allusions and innuendo are permissible so long as they remain ambiguous and are in reference to original characters.

So basically they don't really like it as a main theme, but you can reference to it and have it in the backround, I think. I remember perusing through a thread about it one time... Does that help?
Smile

ginchy
Global Moderator

I think (but don't quote me) that it can't be said straight out about OCs, but it can be hinted at. Can't be done with LF characters, though.

Trace knows TF.N like the back of her hand. I bet she'd know better than me, and Myriad's a gem for digging up the rule!

So......

Tell us more about this L/M, K/S fic. Batting Eyes

redtenko

myriad - thank you so much for finding that for me! Hugs! The rule actually works just within the characters limits so yay for me! kind of wish they weren't so uptight about it though, but I can see how they dont want to open up a can of worms...

ginchy - don't want to tell too much, mainly because given the fic's size I dont wanna do spoilers. Hrm...so what can I say without giving away too much?
Okay: its one of those LM fics where they're in a secret relationship, Leia and Han come home from vacation early, and Karrde has a big role (and shall star in the sequel Wink ), and the reason I asked about the tf.n rule is the minor appearance of an oc who is hinted at being gay. Now, I know that description sounds like I'm about to unleash Three's Company style fun times, but I'm not. Actually the fic is kind of serious... Surprised

Trace
Global Moderator

Trace knows TF.N like the back of her hand.

I can't decide if that's sad or funny. Silly Bang Head On Wall Frustrated!!! LMAO

the reason I asked about the tf.n rule is the minor appearance of an oc who is hinted at being gay.

That sounds like it would be fine. Here is a really nice example of what is allowed for "slash" at TFN and a bit of discussion following it regarding the guidelines.

Most definitely looking forward to a L/M, T/S fic. On Cloud Nine

redtenko

I added a pretentious status bar to the intro entry that tracks my fic progress...

Sheesh I just wrote 13 hundred words for my new fic and I'm only on the first scene. I am, however, determined this not be a chapter fic! Lets see how well that goes...

Trace - I'm glad you're looking forward to it, because apparently this fic is my new OCD kick. From the looks of things it'll be out within a few weeks, and I dont even have time to be writing it! Hypnotized

Myriad

I agree with ginchy and Trace- this fic sounds like a lot of fun! Very Happy I can't wait to read it!

redtenko

Winter Break has Begun!!

finally. This quarter, I came into school and hit the ground running. I've barely gotten to do any writing that wasn't for class, and it's been worse come december. I've been dealing with final exams for the past two weeks, but finally I am free. That means that as soon as I catch up on some much needed sleep I can finally get around to 1) christmas shopping and 2) finishing my damn fanfics!!

fanfic goals for winter break: finish Sadder but Wiser including epilogue, post at least one of the oneshots I've got on the burner, and prep the beginnings of new chapter fics (these may not bet started until my oneshots are done, but I at least wanna get started on my outlines). I'm still trying to decide if my lurker challenge fic is going to be a long oneshot or a chapter fic, and have that planned out so I can work on it in janurary.

Wish me luck!

redtenko

all is not sunshine and flowers in this egotrip I call fanfic notes.

I'm having trouble with part 7 of sadder but wiser. Two scenes are giving me problems....can I call these scenes? Its looking like 7 is going to be all one scene. Whatever.

So in one portion of this part I'm trying to decide how far I wanted it to go. Gah, so much dialogue, I'm trying to figure out when it's time for these characters to stop talking already. Then there's the matter of the ending--and I dont mean the emotional ending, I mean the physical ending---wait, what? I mean to say, I'm having trouble figuring out where I want the characters to be physically standing/sitting/whatever when 7 closes. SETTING! that's the word. I'm having some problems with setting. Everything's sounding ridiculous in my brain, why the frick can't I just take a setting for granted without harping all over creation about it?! Ugh. Okay. Breathing now.

bkbva

Breathe in, out, in, out. There. That's better now. Wink

Definitely looking forward to the end product.

redtenko

EPIC FAILURE!!

so my winter break is over and the ending to Sadder but Wiser is not done.

I'm not happy about this, but in my defense, I wasn't happy with what I was churning out as I attempted to write and I don't post something I'm not at least 80% proud of. I really love this project, and I love how it's been going, and since this is the end and the ML part (like finally!) I really want it to be 100% perfect. So it IS getting there, but I'm sorry it hasn't gotten there yet, really I am.

In better news, after much headbleeding I came up with a plot for my lurker challenge! Part one (of...I'm going to say between three and five) will be up, as required, by end of janurary. The end to SbW will join it (so help me it will)

Lady_Mara

SBW will be worth the wait. Clapping I'm stoked you care enough to make it perfect. Rose Hug You!

redtenko

Foremat Monkey Strikes Again

fanfic status:

Sadder but Wiser - figured out how I want the LM opening lines to go, figured out how I wanted their Big Talk to go, haven't figured out how to bridge those two. But the chapter end? I did figure that one out. Like, finally. My HOPE is that this'll be ready by the end of the month, however, I also have the Lurker Fic to post by deadline so that may need to take front seat if it doesnt look like I'll makde the date otherwise. Also, I have a short essay for school due feb 1st, so that'll cut into Jan 31st last minute writing. So we'll see. It'll be SOON though, really! Nobody has any reason to believe me of course, considering my updating history but my unreliable promise still stands.

Lurker Challenge - I'm considering ganking (with credit) a title from a Philip Pullman novel "Ruby in the Smoke" for the title of my challenge fic. Just rolling it around in my head and so far I'm liking how it sounds. So, Lurker Fic? Got my plot, but I need to friggin pick a format and stick to it, I'm spinning on Alternate overdose. Some days I wanna open the story mid-scene (and on those days there are like four scenes this could work with) and other days I just wanna go straight linear. Then there are the days I wanna go crazy with flashbacks, start at the end and work my way up to the beginning, start in a dream sequence, and start banging my head agaisnt a wall. Such is the writing process.

New New Years Resolution: Write at least 3 fanfic this year (I am sooo not ginchy level productive)