Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic

JayCee
Site Admin

I know you can do it. Wink

bkbva

Much as I am dying to read the next part (and the challenge fic), school does come first [Mom mode on].

I suppose if you could get a grade for it, you'd write faster, yes? Wink

ginchy
Global Moderator

New New Years Resolution: Write at least 3 fanfic this year (I am sooo not ginchy level productive)

LOL! ginchy is not feeling so productive of late. I'm trying to buck up, though!

I understand you with saying that you have certain parts of the update ready, or written out in your head, but that you don't know how to bridge the things that you have. Believe me, I soooo understand! But I know when you figure it out, it'll be well worth it! Very Happy

redtenko

HOLY FREAKING CRABCAKES!!!11!

okay, my manuscript (my Creative Writing equivalent of a senior thesis for my BA) is due next week. NEXT WEEK!! This is pretty much what I've been doing all school year. I wanted to have had SBW done waay long ago, but every time I sat down to work on it...I actually did homewok instead--what's up with THAT?!

Aaaanyway, the completed first draft, the cumulation of my year, is due next week. I'm bugging, but it's the biggest hurddle I have left, so after I finish my draft that frees up my brain and time like WAOH. That means I'll finally have time for my SW projects, which I shall consider a vacation after this program. And aftar that...ugh. I guess it's grad school application time.

wewt.

JayCee
Site Admin

yikes! get writting! Razz

best of luck to ya Very Happy

redtenko

go me?

so last night I sat down to finish Sadder but Wiser--and ended up writing the next chapter of Ruby in the Smoke all in one sitting. I didn't get to bed until seven thirty AM, but this is less exciting when you realize I'd turned in around four thirty.

It wasn't what I wanted to get done, but hey, at least it's starwars related. I hand wrote the chapter in a notebook, so it will be up once I transcribe it and edit it out of "five in the morning" speak.

Still I'm proud of myself. This is the most writing progress I've made in a while, what with the total lack of confidence and the sapped will to write that I blame on school and delray. It was nice to remember that writing is still FUN, and hopefully this little boost will give me the push I need to wrap up Sadder but Wiser (I actually have written the ending...it's the beginning to the ending that's stumping me.)

at the very least I'll be posting something soon. yay productivity?

JayCee
Site Admin

sweet Very Happy

that's dedication!

ginchy
Global Moderator

Yay!! I'm proud of you too and loved the updated. Share that Muse, gal. Mine ran off for parts unknown (though she's poked her head back in the door somewhat of late).

I love how you say you sat down to write one thing and ended up writing another. That's a real go with the flow attitude that I need to adopt.

Any more fanart? I love what you posted last month!!

redtenko

JayCee- I wish I was always so dedicated. They should bottle that stuff, we'd have moon colonies by now

ginchy- fanart? Well, I added an incredibly ill drawn and immature comic strip to my DA. That count? I hope your muse comes back soon. SWFF needs more LM sex! Or, you know...pg fics. Those are good too.

redtenko

Nex time I'll try writing myself into a corner and see how that works out

I just had a freaking epiphany.

I finally figured out why I'm having so much trouble writing the opening to the last SBWGFM chapter. See, orrigionally it was Mara and Leia that had the (albiet stiff) heart to heart, and then Mara who wakes up Luke from his healing trance. I changed it because I decided it was more important for Luke and Leia to have the talk, because I wanted a better reflection of the characters and I felt a brother-sister moment would be more telling.

So in the origional plan when Mara wakes up Luke she's already gotten herself sorted, centered, and knows what she wants to say to him. I mean, as if Mara would intentionally seek him out and not have at least something prepared. Another reason I didn't end up writing this way was because I figured Mara, being midway through a load of self realization, would need more time than a night and a morning to get herself feeling centered and ready to have a Big Talk with Luke. Also, I figured she'd be craving personal space, so it seemed more appropriate to have her return to her ship.

Now, as the chapter begins, Mara is still kind of flustered and Luke, not knowing how she's going to react to him, is nervous--so basically, neither one knows quite what to say to the other. And if they don't know, it's no wonder I don't know! Ergo, I've unintentionally created a situation so awkward it gave me writer's block.

I do have a lot of the rest of the chapter written since I know what I want them to talk about once they get a bit more comfortable being in the same room, but seriously people, I need to break some ice so I can make headway.

redtenko

Boxed Updates

So I was looking over my 'stats' as they are, and I realized it's been almost a year since I updated my main fic. So then I thought, HOLY CRAP that can NOT be right! Buuut time apparently flies when you're locked into school mode for nine months then released into summer bewildered by the freedom. I wanted to get my update up by the 16th so it wouldn't go OVER a year--but it turned out that I have to move into my apartment this week. So here I am, surrounded by boxes and unassembeled ikea furniture, and it's looking like this is gonna be my life for the next few days. Gah. Still, I really don't like that I'm Fanfic Rowling with my updating schedule, so I'm gonna throw Due By start of school (24th) on my fanfic and hope to God I'm telling the truth this time.

ginchy
Global Moderator

Yay, I can't wait for updateage. But no worries. In terms of fandom, I feel like it's still 2006. LOL I wrote the majority of my smut and other works then, and it seems like that was only a heartbeat ago. Fandom time is slow time. I've noticed that if I don't see someone in RL in two days, I'm like, "Hey, what's going on?" when I see them again, but if I don't see someone online for two days I'm like, "WHERE have you been????" Laughing Laughing