Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 ginchy's datapad 
ginchy
Global Moderator

You know, I have a Live-Journal, yet I don't feel free to write in it everyday for some strange reason. I think I feel the LJ is more for 'major' events. So I'm not sure why I'll be starting a thread here. We'll see if I can keep up better with this one.

My datapad will focus on my diet (starting tomorrow) and my fanfic writing. As I see it, both fanfic writing and my eating are guilty pleasures and I need more direction in both areas of my life. Laughing

Tonight I sit here knowing I should write on "To Overcome" and that I should NOT eat a toffee ice-cream. But I also know that I will probably just read some fanfic I've already read 30 times and eat the ice-cream anyway.

Sigh. I guess I need more discipline in what I do, but I feel that I already have too much of a regimented day, what with work and keeping house--if that makes sense. Adding a diet and controlled writing time seems like it will be too much. But, then again, when I was on Weight Watcher's 2 years ago, I grew to like the control I had over what I was eating, after a fashion.

I think I'll set small goals. I'll put myself on WW, which I already know works, and try to 'free write' for 30 minutes everyday.

Starting tomorrow. argh. There I go. Procrastinating already.

ETA:

Okay, I ate the ice-cream. Blush

But, I am working on fic writing. The third in the "Tight Fit/Going Down" series. I have exactly 3 lines. And a title. That's half the battle, right? Wink

redtenko

Ooh I loved the tight/fit, going down series! Awesome to know there'll be more eventually. I can wait, I'm patient, I promise Very Happy!

simpletricks

ginchy wrote:
I think I feel the LJ is more for 'major' events.

Give it time. Laughing

ginchy
Global Moderator

Thanks, redtenko! I love that series, too. I think there are two more stories I can squeeze out of it... Wink

I wish, simpletricks! LOL I've had the LJ for over two years, and I still have that feeling that I should only use it for more important posts. Too, LJ is a bitch to navigate. I have such a hard time posting. Neither IE or Firefox make it any easier a program to use, imo.

Okay, Diet Day 1:

180 pounds. Surprised

I'm eating a 1 point breakfast. So far, so good....

As for writing, there are now two paragraphs to the story I was working on last night. Now I just need to work on the ten others I have in progress....

Trace
Global Moderator

But, I am working on fic writing. The third in the "Tight Fit/Going Down" series. I have exactly 3 lines. And a title. That's half the battle, right?

The first sentence is always the hardest for me, so yeah - I'd say you've made a dent in it! Very Happy

wOOt on the 1-point breakfast!!

JayCee
Site Admin

ooooo.... new Tight Fit/Going Down!!

is it going to take place where I think it will... Wink

Myriad

ginchy wrote:

Tonight I sit here knowing I should write on "To Overcome" and that I should NOT eat a toffee ice-cream. But I also know that I will probably just read some fanfic I've already read 30 times and eat the ice-cream anyway.

Don't we all do stuff like that? Very Happy Ice cream + fanfiction = Dancing!

bkbva

Good luck, gincy! Weight Watchers is good, the counting points thing seems to help. Of course, I can't tell you how easily I can start a day saying today is the start of my diet, I get to 10 points or less post lunch (I think I'm allowed 21-23, I forget exactly), and then mess it up at the end of the day.

So I'm counting on you as an example to set me on the straight and narrow. No pressure there, nuh-uh. Laughing

ginchy
Global Moderator

LOL, thanks, Trace! That first sentence is all important, isn't it??

Yup, JayCee--it takes place exactly where you think it does! Mischief I can't wait for this one, myself.

Ice cream and fanfic is to die for, miss dreams! That's why I splruged on Weight Watcher's ice cream for tonight. Very Happy

You're so right, bkbva! It is easy to start off right and then get off track. It's a fight to stay with your points, but just knowing that everyone knows... And are counting on me... I'm on my points now. Wink

Okay, I'm doing GREAT on my first day! It's almost 9 pm and I have 4 snack points left, without dipping into my extra 35 from this week. If I can keep this up, I'll be svelte in no time! Very Happy I went to the store and picked up all the ingredients I need for a successful diet: WW meals for work, apples, celery, popcorn, 100 calorie pack cookies/crackers, WW ice cream, and 100 calorie Coke (as I can't stand diet drinks). Phew! It's expensive to eat right. Laughing

I've done a bit of writing today and am getting ready for my 30 minute free write. I just hope I can keep this up!

On a more fun note, I got my Star Wars license plate frame for my vehicle today. It says STAR WARS at the top and MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU at the bottom. I'm riding in high nerd style now. Dancing!

Myriad

ginchy wrote:

On a more fun note, I got my Star Wars license plate frame for my vehicle today. It says STAR WARS at the top and MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU at the bottom. I'm riding in high nerd style now. Dancing!

OMG! That. Is. Awesome!!! Laughing Don't you just love being a proud nerd! Laughing Silly

ginchy
Global Moderator

I do love being a proud nerd, miss dreams! I often tell my husband that when we have babies we will be raising little nerdlings. Laughing

Third day of the diet and I was STARVING by 10 a.m. But I held true and didn't eat anything until lunch. I like to save my 'snack' points for night, as I roam around the house looking for food. Looks like I need to go out and buy some sugarless gum.

For you Coke drinkers (like me) I tried Coke Zero yesterday. I can't stand diet drinks. They leave such an after-taste in my mouth. Coke Zero only had a very, very mild after-taste and when I got home, I poured it over ice and drank it with my meal. Not bad! I wouldn't want to drink it all the time, but if I'm ever out of points and have to have a soda, I'm set. Very Happy

redtenko

Personally, I can't stand soda. It's the carbonation, hurts my tongue. All my life my friends have been like "You hate soda? You're so weird!" but when its sobody on a diet talking to me it goes more like "You hate soda? You're so lucky!"

Not being a drinker of it, I never considered its neutrition facts, but seeing how much trouble it's giving everybody I suppose I am lucky. Now, Hagen Daz ice cream--THAT'S a vice!

Jade's Fire

ginchy wrote:
Okay, I'm doing GREAT on my first day! It's almost 9 pm and I have 4 snack points left, without dipping into my extra 35 from this week. If I can keep this up, I'll be svelte in no time! Very Happy I went to the store and picked up all the ingredients I need for a successful diet: WW meals for work, apples, celery, popcorn, 100 calorie pack cookies/crackers, WW ice cream, and 100 calorie Coke (as I can't stand diet drinks). Phew! It's expensive to eat right. Laughing

Have you tried the WW yogurt? I don't follow WW, I'm a South Beach Diet guy, but the WW yogurt is great. I love it, and it's good for me!

Jade's Fire

ginchy wrote:
I do love being a proud nerd, miss dreams! I often tell my husband that when we have babies we will be raising little nerdlings. Laughing

Third day of the diet and I was STARVING by 10 a.m. But I held true and didn't eat anything until lunch. I like to save my 'snack' points for night, as I roam around the house looking for food. Looks like I need to go out and buy some sugarless gum.

For you Coke drinkers (like me) I tried Coke Zero yesterday. I can't stand diet drinks. They leave such an after-taste in my mouth. Coke Zero only had a very, very mild after-taste and when I got home, I poured it over ice and drank it with my meal. Not bad! I wouldn't want to drink it all the time, but if I'm ever out of points and have to have a soda, I'm set. Very Happy

Ahh, diet soda's not so bad! Razz
Try Vanilla or Cherry Coke Zero. It helps, imo. Personally, I love Diet Vanilla Pepsi, and Diet Cherry Pepsi. If you like root beer, diet A&W is great! I can't even tell it's diet.

ginchy
Global Moderator

I know how you feel, redtenko! I don't like cake, and all I ever hear is "How can you not like cake???" Laughing As for Coke-Cola, I just can't help it. I think it's in my blood. I remember drinking bottled Coke with my great-grandfather.

Hey, Jade's Fire! (Remember I told you to get a datapad here in the Archives. hint, hint!) I did try the WW yogurt, and wasn't a fan! I love yogurt, but the WW had an aftertaste to me. That's why I can't drink diet drinks, too. The aftertaste!

Okay, so far I'm doing really well. I feel good, like maybe I've already dropped a pound or two, but that could (and probably is) wishful thinking. The big challenge is coming up tomorrow when I have to eat dinner with my uncle and then go out to supper for a friend's birthday. Wish me luck! I really want to stay on my diet plan.

As for writing, I haven't done any since Wednesday. People have shown up at the house both Wednesday night and Thursday night. I hope to get some in tonight. I want to finish a lot of projects. I don't like them hanging over my head. But now a plot bunny has hopped up and is nipping at my heels, telling me to write it, instead. *sigh* We need an evil plot bunny emoticon. LOL!