Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic

ginchy
Global Moderator

Yes, good luck! We will be thinking of you. I hope it goes well and you get plenty of rest afterwards. Hug You!

Trace
Global Moderator

Good luck with the surgery!! Hugs!

(Sorry it took so long for me to get that story back to you. Blush )

redtenko

fast recovery! My grandmother had three kinds of cancer and she lived to be 92, so I wish you the same kind of luck!

Marani

thanks for all your support!

I'm finally able to use the Laptop of my roommate. From now on I can spent a little time online if she is not watching Bollywood movies Smile

The surgery went very well, they don't even had to remove the muscles below the breast and I can still move my arm in every direction I want.

Before I got my narcosis, I was repeating some parts of the jedi code and told the anaesthetist, I was going to esteblish "Welcome on board" as the sentence that would bring me back from healing trance. He looked very suspiciously at me...

When I woke up from the narcosis, I asked the nurses in English if there had been any complications and continued talking English.
Next, a doc asked why the hell I was speaking English. I told him I couldn't remember how to speak German Embarassed but I could still understand them, even if they won't talk basic with me
The doc was very confused Laughing

The first day was very painful and painkillers didn't really worked. But at night when a nurse came and brought a blue machine with herslfe to check my bood pressure, I called out something like "Oh hello R2, my little friend..." I will never forget the face she made Smile

I think they think I'm just crazy

Ever since then, it's getting better and better. Today they removed the last drainage and I don't need painkillers any more.

Marani

Last edited by Marani on Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total

JayCee
Site Admin

While I know being put under is very serious... LOL, that was funny! ROFL

glad to hear it's all gone well Smile

AG88

That is hilarious. Laughing I am glad the surgery went well. Smile

That reminds me of the time I gave blood while in Germany. I was doing fine until I actually looked at the bag collecting my blood and I got dizzy and started having hot flashes.

I called over the doctor and tried to tell him I was extremely hot. Later a German speaker told me what I had said roughly translated to "I am really sexy." Razz

Who knew.

I wish you the very best in the future. Get well soon!

AG88

I love my EOD man!

bkbva

Also glad the surgery went well.

That story is too funny. Laughing

I've had a couple of operations, and I absolutely hate the anesthesia -- going under is great, the lightheadedness kind of fun, but I hate the waking up and realizing that you didn't peacefully fall asleep, it just suddenly happened, and oh, wasn't I in a room 20 yards away, how did I get here? It's a little freaky. I like your approach.

Marani

Today, the doctors making their round told that maybe, most likely I could go home tomorrow...

WTF??? Now, I think they are crazy Smile

It's surprising, but it makes sense. I don't need medication, neither hand nor arm are swollen (never have been), it's beginning to be boring here and I have a better internet connection at home... Smile

Yesterday evening was fun, too. I phoned my Mom ad suddenly there was an brass band playing film music like ghostbusters, a-team, x-files and mission impossible outside in the hospital park.

ginchy
Global Moderator

I'm so glad you came through your surgery well and Star Wars was 'there' to cheer you up!! I would have been doing the same thing, I know! Hug You!

And that brass band sounds awesome! But home already?? Wow! You must be doing great!

Myriad

Marani wrote:

Before I got my narcosis, I was repeating some parts of the jedi code and told the anaesthetist, I was going to esteblish "Welcome on board" as the sentence that would bring me back from healing trance. He looked very suspiciously at me...

Laughing Laughing That is priceless, Marani! I so should have done that last time I had an operation done... Laughing Priceless. The only thing that would have made that more perfect, would have been if the doctor got the reference. Cool

redtenko

readign about your ordeal made me immediately schedule a mamogram. Never had one before, but cancer isn't just for the old, nomatter what everyone in college seems to think. I'm glad you're recovering so quickly--and I'm glad you got to mess with the doctor's heads a little. I've been treated like crap by more than a few doctors so they can just deal with being thrown through a loop every now and then Twisted Evil

Lady_Mara

Hi. Just caught up!!! You've really been through it!!!! Hug You! Love that you came through so well and fast!! Dancing! HEE!!! Artoo, huh? If you'd said "Luke" they'd really think you were bonkers!! Laughing Wow!!! Reading all this makes me even more amazed at the stuff you've written for us at TFN. Smile Smile Dancing!

Diva

Hi there Marani -- Hope you are feeling better. Don't rush things. You might feel ok and then get up and push it.

I had a mastectomy myself 8 years ago. Hang in there. (And if they took out the lymph nodes, then take care of your arm. I mean it. I've seen lymphodema and it isn't fun.) Redtenko's right when she said cancer isn't just for old people. I was 36, "too young" for a mammogram.

Hang in there and keep that sense of humor. Wink

Lady_Mara

Hugs to Marani Hugs!

and Give Me Chocolate! and Rose for diva. Clapping How glorious and blessed a person must feel after surviving such a thing: that each day is even more of a gift, and one's loved ones also feel blessed. Dancing!

Trace
Global Moderator

I thought I had responded to this. Embarassed

Oh Marani, that's just priceless! Hugs! I work in the medical profession and I do believe that maintaining your sense of humor can truly help. I'm glad things went well and that you're feeling better. Rose