Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic

JayCee
Site Admin

I heard of it but really haven't had any interest in it... what's it like?

I thought they weren't doing a KOTOR III or am I just behind the times?

Rigil Kent

JayCee wrote:
I heard of it but really haven't had any interest in it... what's it like?

I enjoyed the heck out of it, though for me, pretty much anything Bioware puts out is gold and has been since the days of Baldur's Gate. It's pretty safe to say that if you played KOTOR, this would be pretty familiar, though without the monumental twist (ala Malek's reveal about Revan).
I thought they weren't doing a KOTOR III

Doesn't mean I can't pine for KOTOR III though, right? Very Happy

Wizard's First Rule: people are stupid. Given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are are afraid it might be true.

JayCee
Site Admin

ah yes... Baulder's Gate...

GET 'EM BOO!!!

Razz

Rigil Kent

A den of stinkin' evil! Cover your nose, Boo! We will leave no crevice untouched!

Lord, I love that game ... I & II.

Wizard's First Rule: people are stupid. Given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are are afraid it might be true.

JayCee
Site Admin

sometimes the classics are the best... Very Happy

cggunnersmate

I'm a gamer as well. Mostly Xbox 360. gammer tag is cggunnersmate.

play mostly Call of Duty 4 right now. Played Halo 3 before that. Mostly I play shooters. I've wanted Mass Effect but just haven't poinied up the coin yet.

What I can't wait to get my hands on is Star Wars: The Force Unleashed! That game looks to be totally awesome! I also want the novel and comics but I'll have a hard time getting the comics because there are no comic shops anywhere near me.

I still play Empire at War on my PC. I like the expansion Forces of Corruption better. I could do without the Consortium faction though, I just like the new units and heroes they added to the Rebellion and Empire. The Executor takes up half the screen and I have a 22in screen!

Jedi_Emeritus

It's great to see some BG 2 fans out there! One of my favorite games of all time - probably finished it more than a dozen times altogether.

In general, I don't play much other than RPG's now - played KotOR I & II, NWN and Dungeon Siege, although I will play some sports games, particularly hockey. Of course, I also used to like RTS games (Warcraft etc.) but I find I just can't get into them any more.

We bought the kids a Wii for Christmas (yours truly stood in line for a couple hours to snag one) so we have the base games for it. When we bought it, though, I insisted we buy Lego Star Wars - I love that game!

Rigil Kent

cggunnersmate wrote:
I've wanted Mass Effect but just haven't poinied up the coin yet.

It's awesome, man. Great game. I actually bought a 360 for this game as well as TFU.

cggunnersmate

I'll get it eventually but right now I can't afford any unnecessary expenses. Moving to a new house and I just put down first/last and deposit on the new house and I still have to pay last month's on the house I'm in. I also need new tires for my motorcycle as well and with what I'm spending on gas for my truck....We should be doing better financially but instead of putting all of our extra money into savings or CD we've been basically doubling-tripling my truck payments to get it paid off. $28k loan in Jan 06 down to less than $5k right now. Not too shabby.

Rigil Kent

Dammit. BioWare has officially announced a Star Wars MMO ... The Old Republic.

I hate MMOs ... yet I may very well get sucked into this one simply because it is by BioWare...

MaraJade001

Excuse my ignorance, but what's an MMO? Confused

Rigil Kent

MMO. Think World of Warcraft or Everquest.

MaraJade001

Doh! Okay, that makes sense. I figured it was a multi-player game, but I wasn't sure what it stood for.

Thanks for the explanation. The game sounds really cool, but I don't really need another obsession to take over my life. Wink

JayCee
Site Admin

I suppose since Galaxies died they needed something new...

Rigil Kent

I think it'd be more accurate to say that, since Galaxies sucked, they needed something better. Cool