Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 Lurker Appreciation Week - Writers, choose your Bunny's! 
JayCee
Site Admin

We have our writers!

JayCee
ginchy
kayladie
Trace
BigFatty
redtenko

Now it is time for Lurkers to post plot bunnies or suggestions for their favorite writer to write! It can be a plot bunny that you'd really like someone to write, or maybe you want a writer to add a deleted scene or alternate ending?

The only rules is that your plot bunny/suggestion can not be longer than 400 words or contain graphic content (although the bunny may refer to graphic content of the story). Be as detailed as you wish to explain certain things you want to happen.

You can not ask someone to write a fic above the highest rating they have published on this forum. A writer can also refuse or change a plot bunny if it contains x-rated subject matter.

Simply post in this thread saying who the bunny is aimed at, and what it is. You can post as many bunnies as you want! Maybe one for each writer, or many for one writer!

Once all the bunnies are down, the writers will pick a bunny (or two or three is the muse permits) and they will have to write the bunny by a specified time.

Bunnies must be posted by October 14th!

Very Happy

Last edited by JayCee on Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total

bkwrm

Well I'm going to take the plunge and be the first one to post.

First, I would really, really, really really REALLY love for kayladie to finish Whisper Your Weakness.[i] Not update, FINISH!

Second, I want JayCee to update [i]Skywalker Admiration Society
There were at least 10 chapters on the last site. Honestly I could live with just having what is already done posted for now.

Third, is my personal plot bunny going to ginchy. I tried to fit it into 400 words but that is just impossible, so I left off how it ends. I figure if you do pick my fic (yes, I did that intentionally Razz ), we wouldn't want to give away the ending. So here it goes.

Charecters: Luke and Mara (duh!), Han and Leia( who are BOTH ggod friends with Mara) and the rest of the couples in the Star Wars Universe.

The story starts on the first anniversary of Callista leaving Luke. It is also a few months after Luke and Mara made up after a huge fight shortly after Callista left but that will be elaborated on at the end of the fic. Key point of the story: Mara has been in love with Luke for awhile now, but of course he does not know it. Luke runs into Mara having a housing issue and offers his spare room for the night. But when the housing issue becomes more complicated, he offers the room permanetly. Luke reasons that they both are on Coruscant sporadically they technically wouldn't be roommates and that the times they are there together it would be nice especially after the relaxing, fun time they had the night before. At first Mara is hesitant but enventually agrees.

For the first few months they don't really see each other, but since Mara insists on calling Luke to let him know when she will be in the apartment they end up talking more often. Also, Mara start leaving her things around and rearranging some things. I was thinking of an incident of when Luke shows up at the apartment and finds a new box of hot chocolate when he thinks he is out it. There is also this hilarious situation when Luke, before he leaves, check around to see if anything is needed and checks Mara's refresher and finds Leia took her last tampon(or whatever they is in the SW Universe). So of course he has to embarrassingly Embarassed buy her more which she of course teases hime about when she finds out Laughing

At some point they do end up together at the apartment for a while and actually spend a whole fun-filled relaxing day together. This day is actually significant since it is now the second anniversary of Callista leaving. But Luke doesn't even remember until the day is over and realizes he never really loved her and is finally ready to move on.

Well I have to end there. I suck at summaries and writing in general so please don't hold that against my plot bunny Crying or Very sad I hope that if you do pick this story that I could work out more details with you. Ask me any questions if you need clarification on anything. And one more thing....

PLEASE PICK MY STORY!! Pray

MaraJade001

First, I would really, really, really really REALLY love for kayladie to finish "Whisper Your Weakness." Not update, FINISH!

Yes, I second that motion. I've read up to Chapter 27 on the Skywalker Story Board, and it's awesome! It'd be great to have the entire thing posted here.

Second, I want JayCee to update "Skywalker Admiration Society." There were at least 10 chapters on the last site. Honestly I could live with just having what is already done posted for now.

I'd love this one completed as well. It's one of my favs.

And since we're mentioning WIPs we'd like to see finished (or continued), I'd like to add "The Measure of a Man" by Ginchy and JadeLotus on TF.N. That is one of the funniest fics I've read! I'd love to see an update to that.

Pray

JayCee
Site Admin

woot!

You know, I will get SAS up again for you at least up to where I left off! Just for you. Wink

redtenko

TEN chapters of SAS!? all I ever saw was four or five... dude, TEN!? why arent these up!?

BigFatty

My challenge to anyone who wants it:

A series of five firsts. Mara and Luke can experience all of them together or separately. I just want it to be five "first" events regarding their relationship together.

JayCee
Site Admin

Got some good suggestions going... anyone else want to have a go?

Very Happy

bkwrm

Well, since no one else seems to be posting bunnies, I guess I'll post more of my own. I have a lot but I cutting myself off at 3. 2 for Trace and 1 for redtenko. Plus I have an addition to my story for ginchy. It probably breaks the 400 word rule but I don't care. Razz

I'll start with redtenko's story since it's my shortest story idea

A Rescue Mara Story. Mara is always rescuing Luke, why can't it be the other way around for a change. You have total free reign on this since my imagination does not run towards the action-pack, suspense, mystery type-thing. I like to read them but don't have the creative prowess to come up with one. All I ask that Mara's injuries be life threatning Twisted Evil and a Luke at her med-bedside scene. And obviously she doesn't die and Luke and Mara live happily ever after.

OK on to Trace. Both of the following stories are Mean Leia stories. You have been warned.

So, I have never read the books so i'm not sure when this happens. It's not long after Mara rescues the kids (Side-note: Please tell me what book this is since I may actually borrow from the library to read.) and one night at a party Luke and Mara have a little too much too drink and spend the night together Wink Although Mara tries to dash out the next morning as if nothing's changed, Luke blurts out a dinner invitation and shockingly to both of them she accepts. But this is not where the story starts. It actually a starts a year after this where thet have secluded themselves at a vacation spot. Luke plans on proposing and after three days he finally figures out how to do it. In a specially folded/designed napkin on the room service breakfast tray. Mara is surprised and hesitates. No one knows they are even seeing each other. When they first started dating, Mara didn't want the whole galaxy to know but thought it important tha at least Han and Leia knew. Luke, knowing that Leia still didn't trust Mara, disagreed. He felt that he and Mara had their own issues to deal with and did not need Leia's negative interference. This won't come up until later in the story though. Luke decideds that they will tell her and everyone else news of there engagement when they get back and so Mara accepts his proposal.

Unbeknownst to them, Leia and Han are at the same vacation place they are and see them, but Luke and Mara don't know it. Leia is livid. Upon returning to Coruscant, Luke asks to have dinner with Leia and Han and that he is bringing Mara and they have some news. Leia, still very much angry turns the family dinner into a party for all their friends. IT comes out that Leia saw them together and really makes her displeasure known.

The rest of the story deals with the wedding planning with the support of Han and the rest of their friends but meanwhile dealing with Leia's anger and the unhappy politicians and the media about their relationship. Leia does at the last minute, decide to accept Luke and Mara after a conversation with Mara explaining that Leia is the one who is hurting Luke.

Feel free to sprinkle any "passionate" scenes where you see fit.

I don't have time to post the rest right now (homework) but I will try to get to the rest sometime tonight.

bkwrm

Here's part two of my post.

My second story for Trace, like I said in my earlier post this is Leia being mean story.

Luke and Mara are, once again, in a secret relationship. Now Luke did tell Leia and Han that he is in a relationship but they don't know who it is. Leia one day accidentally finds an engagement ring for the "mystery" woman and confronts Luke about it. He promises to reveal her identity after he pops the big question and when he gets back from what was supposed to be a peaceful mission. Before he leaves, LUke proposes and Mara accepts. The peaceful mission turns not so peaceful and Luke is brought back in a coma. Mara decided not reveal the real status about her relationship with Luke but things get complicated when she realizes she is pregnant. ( A girl named Eva "pronounced Eh-va"). At first she keeps it a secret but Han being the smart guy he is figures it out. When Mara finally sees a doctor after being in a little bit of denial, she sees the ultrasound and then shows up at Luke's med-room where she cries herself to sleep. Leia and Han find her there the next morning and after a few angry words from Leia, she leaves. But Han decides to check on her at her apartment and thats where he figures it out. She confesses the whole of her relationship with Luke. He helps her break the news to Leia who refuses to beleive it even after seeing the ring. While Leia refuses to acknowledge this, the rest of Mara's freinds rally around her to help her during her pregnancy. Han even lets her have Luke's apartment stating she will need the space for the baby.

The breaking point comes when Leia can't ignore the fact the Mara is carrying Luke's child (through the Force) she decides to sue for custody stating that because of her past Mara is an unfit mother. This upsets Han enormously. When it looks like Leia might actually have a case against her, Karrde helps her secretly leave Coruscant and settles her one of his many bases in the galaxy. She has to go into hiding since she is court-ordered to stay on Couruscant. It's not long after being there that she goes into labor which in turn triggers Luke finally waking up. When he finds out what has gone on while he was out, needless to day he is angry. Luke leaves at the first opportunity to go to Mara where they have their family reunion.

My summary ends there since I'm horribly bad at endings. I mostly want Karrde and Han to be her main champions but also add Mirax and Corran a lot along with their other firends but mostly them. As with the last story feel free to add any "special" scenes if you want and as you see fit.

Ok on to ginchy:

This is more for the story I nominated you to write. Luke decides to ask Mara on a date but before he can do it, she has to leave. They are at a small get-together at Leia and Han's place where the guy's talk Luke about asking her out, then Mara gets a call about an emergent situation invloving work where she has to leave palnet to handle. She goes home to pack and after hesitating a little, Luke follows. He asks her for a date when she returns and she gladly accepts. 1 month later she is back and they have their romantic date. Fast-forward 3 weeks later where they have had a few more dates and still sharing the apartment. There is a conversation prompted by Mara about her moving out now that they are dating and not needing gossip to start. After getting to a happy resolution (she decides not to move) an unexpected and unwelcome guest arrives. Callista Twisted Evil Mara leaves to give them space to talk. Callista makes comments about them living together and says she wants Luke back. During the conversation/arguement Luke realizes he LOVES Mara and probably has for a while and thus kicks Callista out. Luke waits for Mara to get back but after a while and a lot of unanswered comms, he goes looking for her. Mara is convinced that Luke and Callista are getting back together and is waiting until the last possible moment before getting back to the apartment. While looking for Mara, Luke runs into some friends (Han, Wedge, Corran) explains the present situation. They then enlighten him about Mara possible state of mind since they know she is has been in love with him for a long time. And this is where the argument I mentioned before shows up as a flashback. Luke realizes that the things he said to her at the time actually hurt deeper. He decides to wait for her at the apartment which he sets the scene to tell her he loves her. Followed by a true ginchy ending Wink

Ok, enough typing.

redtenko

heh, long ones bkwrm. Do you not like Leia or are you just a fan of the Leia v. Mara plot? And if I take this challenge it spells out chapter fic, so question: does the ENTIRE fic have to be completed by the deadline, or in the event of a long one can we settle for the first chapter or two?

bkwrm

I like both Leia v Mara fics and Leia and Mara as friends fics. It's just the only type of angst my mind creates.

As for the story idea, do whatever works best for you. You are the author:bow:

Marani

I'd like to request a story called Never Trust a Smiling Nurse about Luke and Mara (as his nurse)

Luke did something very stupid whilst trying to help, Mara saves him (as usual) but he still ends up at hospital.
You can think of whatever he is suffering but there must be problems with his mechanical hand and of course, he has to have pain and can't use Jedi tricks.

Mara and Luke are not married yet, so she has to dress up as a nuse to see him (and tell him what stupid things he'd done). I really loved to see that Smile

For some reasons, maybe to pay back something, she continues her cosplay... and soon, Luke learns that whenever a smiling nurse enters his room, it's going to be painful for him

What exactly Mara is doing is up to you

But I'd like to have a scene when Luke, who had a sleepless night, finally falls asleep but is soon woken up by a cleaner, then falls back asleep and is woken up by a nurse to check his bloodpressure (why, by the emporers black bones do nurses like to do that at a time that feels like in the middle of the night?) or anything else. Poor Luke falls back asleep and is woken up by th next nurse with breakfast and he falls back asleep while eating. Mara teases him later as she makes fun of it.

Still at hospital, writing with my mobile Smile and now with my roommates Laptop

Marani

ginchy
Global Moderator

Okay! So far we have two delurkers... Welcome! Hug You!

Here's a last chance for any other delurkers to come out of hiding and post their bunnies... Very Happy

JayCee
Site Admin

Okay, we have our plot bunnies!!!

Time for the writers to state what bunny they are going to write!

Remember, you have until the end of Janurary to post!! I am extending it for the holiday season, I know that can cause some delays. Wink

I will finish Skywalker Admiration Society as my bunny!!

redtenko

I'll be taking the mara rescue challenge -- when's the due date anyway?

and YAY FOR SAS!! I'm verrrrry excited Very Happy