Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 Myriad's Musings 
Myriad

Well, I finally decided to get a datapad here! Smile The idea was nagging at me for awhile, and I decided: "Hey, why not?" I figure it's a way to get to better know all of you nice folks around here, plus it can be a place for all of my rabid fangirl ranting! Most of my RL friends are mildly Star Wars obsessed, and simply nod their heads when I go off on a rant about how Luke is being mistreated, and how LOTF is crazy and.... You get the point. Wink

Well, no real reason to this post, other than to announce my arrival. I just one have one tiny comment to say before I go: This smiley cracks me up! ---> No No I've always wanted an excuse to use it, but never have. Isn't it so.... naughty.......... LOL

Last edited by Myriad on Sat May 17, 2008 2:47 pm; edited 5 times in total

Trace
Global Moderator

Welcome to the Insanity

SW rants - especially about the idiocy of Del Rey - are one of my favorite subjects. Mischief

Wink

JayCee
Site Admin

LOL, oh yeah, SW rants about Del Ray... what a great hobby!

redtenko

Know what one I like? This one: Rock On!

ginchy
Global Moderator

I could have SWORN that I responded to your datapad! Insane! Anyway, welcome to the fun! Hug You! Can't wait to hear more from you!

bkbva

Ranting is so therapeutic! Rant away!

Welcome!

Myriad

Hello everyone! I have changed my pen name here for several reasons, and now I am Still Dreaming! Smile Thanks for the welcome everyone, I know from lurking around how much everyone loves to rant! Laughing I just love a good rant (much to my friends' dismay...) though after reading LOTF: Inferno I don't have much to rant about! I actually liked it! Very Happy

WELL.... in a few other people's datapads, several fanfic "wishlists" have been posted. I really like the idea, and decided to join in the fun! Very Happy (if they don't mind, of course). Hopefully this will inspire me to actually write something... Very Happy Here goes:

Myriad's Fanfic Wishlist!

Works in Progress:
~Belive it or not, I would actually like to continue Late Nights on Nirauan! Surprised Razz It is my first posted fanfic ever, and I like it very much. In the future, I would like it to be more action/romantic, but I suppose that's wishful thinking...

~My Drabbles: Pretty much self-explanatory. Each week I post for the UDC2, which is turning out to be harder than I expected! Though, I absolutely love it!

~Another Time, Another Place: I'd like to turn it into a longer series of Saga-era viginettes starring Han and Mara. It's way different than what I usually write, but it's loads of fun to plan!

Near future Projects:
~Response to the SJRS Halloween challenge: I have an idea running around in my head, writing it down is the hard part. Tomorow I'm doing nothing, and I hope to get alot of this done

~Response to the 90's Songfic Roulette: The song I got is really sweet, and I like it alot. I've listened to it alot of times since I recieved it as my song. Now all I need to do is get an inspiration for a fic... Rolling Eyes

~Response to MMM.... eeeeeeeek! I love MMM, but it is so hard to write a fic for! I'm co-writing one, and possibly working on another so.... wish me luck! I can't wait to see everyone elses!!! Very Happy Dancing! Love Woo Hoo!!

Long Term fanfic Goals:

~Some kind of family fight with the Skywalkers. I had the posted on ff.n for about two days before I realized it sucked, and decided to completely re-write it. I don't have much inspiration to write it, so you probably won't see this fic for awhile

~AU in which Luke dies in the NJO. Plot details are vague at the moment, but I would like it to be a short story revolving around the man Ben has become, and how Mara has to cope.

~MASSIVE HUGE AU!!! Warning!- okay, I don't want to say too much, but basically Luke has grown up as an Imperial Assasain, and Mara has grown up as a farmgirl. Raised Brow No, not as stupid as it sounds!Probably won't see this one for awhile either...

I guess that's all for now, I don't have time to post most of my long-term fanfic goals. Too many, and they are all hidden in notebooks somewhere.... Wink I have learned something from looking at this wish list: Don't participate in so many challenges! Laughing

Hope y'all enjoyed my little wishlist Wink

--Myriad Smile

EDIT: I don't even want to know how many smileys I used in that post! Laughing

Last edited by Myriad on Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:44 pm; edited 4 times in total

Lady_Mara

Still Dreaming: SQUEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Tickled about every single thing on your wish list!!!! Dancing! Dancing! Hug You!

Seriously looking forward to the 90's song response and the fic you're cowriting. Woohoo is right!!! I have two gueses as to who it's with, and both make me ecstatic!! Kiss! Love

Trace
Global Moderator

~Response to the SJRS Halloween challenge: I have an idea running around in my head, writing it down is the hard part. Tomorow I'm doing nothing, and I hope to get alot of this done

Schweet! Very Happy

ginchy
Global Moderator

More 'Late Nights'... sounds great! I've always adored other's POV on L/M! Very Happy

Myriad

Thanks everyone for your kind comments about my wishlist. Now what would be really great is if I could actually get around to writing most of them... Rolling Eyes

Okay, I had the funniest thing happen the other day: I was talking with a friend of the family, who is considerably younger than me, and she was describing to me an assignment she had as homework: to write a short story. For a moment I thought that was cute, and how I never really get around to writing original stories anymore. And then she proceded to tell me that it could be written using existing characters from books and movies!

Her english teacher basically told her she could write fanfic as a homework assignment. Neutral Laughing

Isn't that priceless? I couldn't help myself, I burst out laughing trying to imagine a teacher reading my fanfic as a homework! The girl didn't quite understand what I thought was so funny, and why I asked her a couple days later what grade she got on her Pirates of the Carribean fanfic.... um, I mean, story... Razz

Diva

I would love to see an expansion of Another Time, Another Place. I think that's a great 'ship.

Why not? Wouldn't it make a lot more sense for Luke to be jealous of Han with Mara than with Leia, after all? Laughing

Lady_Mara

Oh, baybee!!! I'm with diva on this one!!! Dancing! Dancing! The potential for mush!!!! Laughing Because Leia will also be jealous of Mara!!!!! Laughing But, poor Han, choosing between two such irresistible lovable ladies!! Kiss! Laughing

ginchy
Global Moderator

LOL! Fanfic homework. Where was this when I was in school???

Diva

Okay, I had the funniest thing happen the other day: I was talking with a friend of the family, who is considerably younger than me, and she was describing to me an assignment she had as homework: to write a short story. For a moment I thought that was cute, and how I never really get around to writing original stories anymore. And then she proceded to tell me that it could be written using existing characters from books and movies!

Her english teacher basically told her she could write fanfic as a homework assignment.

Isn't that priceless? I couldn't help myself, I burst out laughing trying to imagine a teacher reading my fanfic as a homework! The girl didn't quite understand what I thought was so funny, and why I asked her a couple days later what grade she got on her Pirates of the Carribean fanfic.... um, I mean, story...

That's so cute! The funny thing is, I assign fanfic homework, too. Ask any of my students and they can tell you what a drabble is because that is their vocabulary assignment. I also have them write "what if/AU" challenges and missing scene challenges for whatever book they are reading.

In fact (hold on a sec while I git my geek on), I have been toying with the idea of actually doing some research as to whether or not writing fanfic has improved their writing. I would love to write a professional paper on it and submit it to an education journal. Don't laugh -- there is a communications professor at MIT who is an "expert" in fan fiction as a writing form.

On another note, how is that co-author MMM coming along? Shall I get a sneaky peek beta on that one??? Very Happy