Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic

Trace
Global Moderator

If your eulogy is anything like your fanfic, it will be a most beautiful tribute to your mother. Rose My thoughts are with you and your family. Hugs!

redtenko

I Ad-Libbed my mom's eulogy. not the smartest thing I ever did, but it was all I was capable of at the time. I didnt really say all I wanted to say, but on the other hand, it felt good to get up there and be completely frank. The way I see it is, you will know the things that need to be said most. You'll want to say a lot, but there isnt room for everything, but just ask yourself if you had to do it right this second what is the first thing you'd want to make sure everyone knew about your mom? Priorties have a way of making themselves known

Lady_Mara

Take it from me: the drabbles were fantabulous!! Clapping

The diary entry: always great when it comes. Very Happy

The eulogy: I'm sure it'll be moving and sweet. I agree with Still Dreaming and Trace. Just doing it at all is a loving tribute and will touch everyone. My deepest, loving Hugs! & Kiss! and Rose

Diva

Well, got through the memorial service. It was very touching and a thoughtful, loving tribute.

Now I am back in New England, where the temps have become more seasonable -- that is, in the 40's and 50's!

And my Red Sox won the World Series!!! I can be delirously glad about that. They go 80 years without a Series win, then they take it twice in four years.

On another note, though. I really have lost my muse. I don't really feel like writing anything. I have gotten behind in the drabbles and don't feel any pull toward catching up.

I have another Connecticut Writing Project meeting at UConn this weekend. Maybe that will inspire me. Rolling Eyes

Trace
Global Moderator

Hugs! Hugs! Hugs!

I hear ya about the muse. Sith must've swiped 'em all for Halloween. Evil or Very Mad The current set of drabbles has me stumped and what little I've written sucks. Meh.

ginchy
Global Moderator

How was your writing group??

Diva

Didn't get to go to my writing group! The facilitator is also a midwife, and one of her clients went into labor. Just as well -- it was a horrible day, weather-wise. But I do love my writing group. Love

I have the ending to Keeper of Memories ready to write. I think I am going to take one of these Thanksgiving days off and sit down and just bang the darn thing out. I'm having trouble keeping up with the drabbles, and I think I bit more off than I could chew on doing both the diary and the drabbles at the same time. Laughing

It's getting into the silly season around here. My son is booked with singing gigs through his school's choir, and we have the usual holiday craziness. My kids and I are going to Florida for Christmas to be with my dad. He can't tolerate coming north - the cold affects his breathing.

We've never flown at a holiday before. This should be really interesting. Silly

This better not be my kids at the airport===> Saber Battle

or else this will be their mother. ===> Palpatine

Myriad

Diva wrote:

This better not be my kids at the airport===> Saber Battle

or else this will be their mother. ===> Palpatine

Laughing You tell 'em, diva! Laughing

redtenko

mmm.... Florida sounds great!

I'm in california right now and I'm still too cold! Plus I spend Christmas in Philly, and sometimes they get this cold white stuff all over the ground, falls from the sky, freezing little things I swear. Rolling Eyes

Lady_Mara

Hee!!! diva as Palpy Laughing Laughing diva... about the drabbles.... the ones who participated in the National Novel for November at t.f.n. are WAAAAY behind!!! Do absolutely positively LURVE the L/M-centered drabbles though Dancing! Dancing! Hopefully, when you get to Florida, it'll be crispy LOL, it's been hot here lately, but the weather's about to change and become more ... seasonal Smile
Edit on the 20th: My thoughts are with you lovely Lady diva... I can imagine that the holidays are tough for you so soon after your loss Rose Hug You! Love Kiss!

Diva

Back again. I feel so stupid -- I forgot the web address. Embarassed I actually linked here from Trace's livejournal. What an idiot I am.

Here it is, almost spring, although it is still too darn cold to wear anything comfortable on my feet (that is, sandals and flip flops). I have old lady feet. They hurt.

Still doing the Connecticut Writing Project, and I am starting up with a writing group with my friends at school. Still busy as can be at work. This is a crazy time of year at school, with all the special education annual meetings coming up in March and April. As a classroom teacher I have to attend those. Then there are the state testing, then there's the usual every day grades and reports that have to be done.

What's new for my writing -- Over at TF.N, I have to finish my drabbles. I have one left and it is driving me nuts. I figure I want to do a really good job on the last set, and I have a first and last drabble that I like, but the middle ones aren't coming. I've updated Nobody's Baby over in Saga, but I need to do an Alliance at Alida's update. Actually, I have to reread Specter of the Past (ok, re-skim the L/M parts) to put the next chapter in the correct context. Wrote one viggie.

I have been really inspired to work on some poetry. Hopefully I can get those done.

On the homefront, all is well. Kids are doing great. I can't believe that my son is already getting ready for his senior year! We are looking into colleges. Good grief -- they are so expensive as to be laughable. I mean, $20,000 a for tuition so outrageous, why not go for $40,000 a year ?

Lady Mara, thank you for the thoughts for me at Christmas. It was really hard. I miss my mom so much, but I have to get on with things. Thanks for thinking of me. Rose Hugs!

bkbva

Diva wrote:
I can't believe that my son is already getting ready for his senior year! We are looking into colleges. Good grief -- they are so expensive as to be laughable. I mean, $20,000 a for tuition so outrageous, why not go for $40,000 a year ?

Welcome to the Insanity

Been there and done that, even have the T-shirt. Laughing I don't want another one. We're clamping down on the second one (same age as yours). Lots of schools seem to offer tuition subsidies ("merit scholarships") for specified GPA's and SAT's, so the only pressue I'm putting on the boy is if he wants to go anywhere other than a state school, he's got to qualify for the subsidy. Good luck on your search; I'm already at the point of pulling my hair out! Crazy!