Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 The X-Files 
ginchy
Global Moderator

Okay, we all know I'm a fangirl. Or, at least, if you do not know, you're missing an important part of my chemical make-up. Laughing I was the BIGGEST XF fan EVER between 1995-2001. I literally (and, sadly, I kid you not) could not have a conversation with anyone without bringing up XF.

I became very bitter when David Duchovney left the show in 2001, and stopped watching (though I was forced to watch the finale by my husband). I used to be so active in XF online fandom (writing very poorly written fanfic) and reading just massive amounts of fic. At one time I had, excluding slash, read EVERY fic in the Goassamer Archive. Yeah, I know. Obssess much?

Anyway, I've been bitter now for several years. My old love for the XF was always in there, and I even wrote a new XF fanfic in 2006. However... it just wasn't the same.

But things are changing. Ever since I've hard that there is actually going to be a second film (for real this time, supposedly) relased on July 25, 2008, I can feel the long denied XF fandom wheels turning in my brain.

So... here's a place to discuss the XF. Don't leave me alone in my XF obession!

Let's start with something easy... What was your favorite XF episode?

Mine was from season 3. "Pusher". That end Russian Roulette scene... I get chills just thinking about it.

MaraJade001

Oooo! I love the X-Files, too! I was never heavily involved in the fandom, but the show was awesome! I also stopped watching regularly when DD left. And I could never really get into the new agents. But I did watch the finale.

I can't wait for the new movie!! Of course, I just hope it lives up to the best of the TV show.

I have quite a few favorite episodes. Ice and Darkness Falls are two great ones from the first season. Humbug from 2nd season was awesome as well. Smile

JayCee
Site Admin

Season One: Ice (scared the crap out of me!)
Season Two: Die Hand Die Verletzt (simply for the line "Did you think you can summon the devil and ask him to behave?") but then there is Duane Berry and the introduction of the Rat Wink
Season Three: Jose Chung’s “From Outer Space” (Darin Morgan was the best XF writer EVER!)
Season Four: Paper Hearts and Small Potatoes and Gethsemane (Season Four was the best season ever, I mean, I even liked The Field Where I Died!)
Season Five: Bad Blood
Season Six: Tithonus and Three of a Kind
Season Seven: X-Cops
Season Eight: Does this season count?
Season Nine: Jump the Shark (beautiful, simply beautiful!)

erm... I was such a x-phile... serious nutter...

don't get me started!!

p.s. I want to have Krycek's babies...

Trace
Global Moderator

It's 4 am and I'm watching the X-Files at work. wOOt!

Gawd, I was SUCH an X-phile back in the day! And, shipper that I was/am, I still watch Fight the Future every now and then.

I can't think of what my fave episode is right now: all of season four, for sure. Loved X Cops. And what was the one about the cult and the chicken farm-thing? I can never remember episode names.

And Small Potatoes, of course. Mulder and Scully referencing Star Wars....does it get any better than that? Very Happy

ginchy
Global Moderator

oooh, great episodes, everyone!!

MaraJade001--I LOVE Humbug!!

And JayCee--you want to have Krycek's babies? I love to hate that rat-bastard. Nick Lea was on an episode of CSI and I kept telling the screen, "Once a rat-bastard, always a rat-bastard", but did Catharine listen to me? Nooo. And was I right? Yessss. LOL!

Trace, you mean the episode with the Chaco Chicken? I like that one a lot, too. What is the name of that one? *thinks* Oh, yeah--"Our Town". Is that the ep where Scully's doing autopsies and eating a bucket of chicken at the same time? LOL!! And, yes. "Small Potatoes"! The only way that ep got better, for me, is that the gal who says she had Luke Skywalker's baby was named Amanda. Laughing

Jade's Fire

JayCee wrote:

Season Five: Bad Blood

Yes!
I absolutely love this episode!
I can't remember the names of most episodes though, and it's been awhile since I've watched any.
This reminds me, I still need to finish my dvd collection. I think I have the first five seasons. Possibly six.

JayCee
Site Admin

I don't care if Krycek is a rat bastard, he's still sexier than Mulder! Also, I have a X-Files plot bunny where Krycek survives the gun shot and is secretly in control of everything. teeheehee. I mean, he had those nanite things, and no one sees the body afterwards... Twisted Evil

I used to have all the names memorized, and even who wrote them, their episode number, etc. I was a real freak... but then season eight came around, I was in University... dunno... had a falling out for a bit... Sad

And I got back into it only to then get treated by the ultimate horror... the season finale... my god that was the WORST episode of X-Files EVER! Even if it wasn't the series finale, it was still shite!

*grumbles*

Jade's Fire

I'm still pissed they aced the Lone Gunmen.

JayCee
Site Admin

I had a night class when their show aired, so I didn't get to see it.

But I watched the Jump the Shark episode with them and I think that was a beautiful episode to send them out on.

Jade Pilot

Me! Me! I'm a x-phile! I didn't start watching until the season "Bad Blood" aired. That eppy sealed my fate. No way could I possbiley pick one, sorry, can't do it!

Favorites:

Bad Blood
Ice
Jose Chung
Pusher
Field Trip
Post modern Prometheus
Small Potatoes
Clyde Bruckman's final repose
Darkness falls
...to name a few.

And I'm a huge Mulder/Scully shipper. *sigh* Are they really really really making the second movie????? Very Happy

Jade Pilot

Jade's Fire wrote:

WORD!

ginchy
Global Moderator

Jade's Fire wrote:

What's that thing the cool people say now? QFT? Cause, damn, I was MAD when they killed the Lone Gunmen for apparently no good reason. blah.

Jade Pilot, wonderful list there! You know I'm a MSR gal myself! ROFL And, YES. A movie. July 25, 2008. You know where I'll be!!! Front and center, baybee!

Trace
Global Moderator

ginchy wrote:
And, YES. A movie. July 25, 2008. You know where I'll be!!! Front and center, baybee!

Yes, ma'am!! Dancing! We may have to plan another Nashville trip, lol.

Trace
Global Moderator

I just watched the episode where they made the movie about Mulder and Scully.

Scully running back and forth in the backgroud to demonstrate running in heels cracks me up to this day! LMAO

Trace
Global Moderator

Continuing in my thread-spamming theme here Razz, TNT aired mostly season 8 episodes last week. (Season 8 was the one after DD left, right?) Anyway, I watched the one where Dogget finds out that Scully is pregnant. I love the way that episode went back and forth between what had happened in the past (with them trying in vitro) and what was happening in the present.

Back in the day, I was too pissed off at DD to appreciate Dogget but watching now, I really like him. He's no Mulder and never would be, but he was a great guy who tried his damnedest to do right by Scully. Rose