Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 lookin for a fic 
redtenko

okay I have no idea if I'm posting this on the right threat, but I was looking for this fic that used to be on the old board, and I can't remember who wrote it so I can't ask the author Sad

anyway, it was about Luke and Mara doing an undercover job where Mara had to pretend to be a sex slave and of course it ends in smut. If the author is still on the board, hey! feel like reposting? Wink Very Happy

Trace
Global Moderator

Jedi_Lover and I wrote that one. It was called "Undercover Agent."

And I was just about to say we'd lost it with the old board, but I checked my old emails and found a copy. wOOt! I'll post it tonight. Very Happy

EtahnAbaht

I think the story you are referring to is probably Undercover Agent, a JediLover and Trace challenge colab, posted June 1, 2006. If they don't respond to this thread soon enough, perhaps PM them? Their other colab, Silent Fantasies, is in the NR adult forum and has a similar feel to it, with an atmosphere that seems straight out of the Mos Eisley Cantina.

Trace
Global Moderator

EtahnAbaht wrote:
I think the story you are referring to is probably Undercover Agent, a JediLover and Trace challenge colab, posted June 1, 2006.
Dude, I'm impressed! Mr. Green I had no idea when we wrote that, LOL.

bkwrm

What about this fic from the previous board: I think it was titled "Chance Encounters" or something like that and it was posted in the Empire Adult section. It was about Luke and Mara, never exchanging, names, and hooking up. I only remember there being two chapters; the second one I remember happening right before Luke went to Dagobah.

Anyone know of it?

redtenko

YAY! I appreciate the repost! Sometimes you just get a fic craving...

bkwrm- I miss that fic too, I think it was by rsngage ( I can not fore the life of me remember how to spell her screen name) and I'm not sure if she's on the new board. maybe someone should find her and give her a poke

ginchy
Global Moderator

That fic ^^ was by riansage, who has been swallowed up by Harry Potter fandom. Next time I chat with her, I'll try to encourage her this way. Wink

redtenko

ah, riansage, sometimes I swear I'm dyslexic, but I got most of the letters right! Yes! get her back! or at least get her to repost what she wrote, she was great!

Trace
Global Moderator

I LOVED that fic by rian! I miss her.... Crying or Very sad

EtahnAbaht

Trace wrote:
I LOVED that fic by rian! I miss her.... Crying or Very sad

Ditto. Sad I have always liked that premise, pre-OT Luke/Mara, but I particularly enjoyed her execution and the way she jumped part-way into the story. So if Ginchy could nag/entice/beg her fellow Potter fanatic, it would be most appreciated.

P.S. - I only knew when Undercover was posted because I had a habit of copying over the post dates into the body of my .rtf files. I swear I am not quite sure why I did it, just had a nagging sense that it might be useful way to jog someone's memory.
Trace wrote:
I had no idea when we wrote that, LOL.

Apparently, the data may not be as useful as I had hoped. Fortunately, Trace, although not anal-retentive, has her own, more rational, reasons for recalling her work. Wink

ginchy
Global Moderator

Ask, and I shall nag... Wink

I emailed our girl rian, and she said that she will come here after Thanskgiving to post her old fics!

Dancing!

She was very flattered everyone remembered her and wanted her back. Very Happy

EtahnAbaht

Ginchy, in the immortal words of Boris Badenov, "Thanks oodles!" Hugs!

bkwrm

If anyone is still around out there, can someone please tell me where I can find a post of A Tangled Web by jadeshand? Her geocities account is now closed but I am about 80% sure that I did see it posted elsewhere. If anyone can get in touch with her and get her to post it here that would be awesome also. Same goes wither her other story A Shadow at Dusk. I don't care that that one was unfinished; i enjoyed every bit that was posted.

I hope DRL let's you out of its clutches soon. I miss new fanfics to read.

ginchy
Global Moderator

I remember that story. Sadly I think every place it was archived was on Geocities, because I'm pretty sure it was on the M/L Archive which was also Geocities. I even found this old link (which does not work) http://www.geocities.com/jadeshand/ATangledWeb.htm and tried it on the WayBack Machine. Nothing.

I hate when fanfic disappears forever. Sad

PS: I included the link that does not work to save it just in case it is archived by the WayBack Machine one day so we'll have it. Wink

MaraJade001

I just realized that I have A Tangled Web saved in Word format. It doesn't state who the author is, so I guess it might not be the same one. I'd be happy to send you the file if you like.