Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 Drabble & Sing Along 
Lady_Mara

Love the Drabble Challenge going on at t.f.n. I'mfollowing more with this round than the first. Got me to thinking: Smile
1. How hard is it to stick to 100 words?
2. Is it easier to have a common story throughout all five, or is it easier to switch characters and situations?
3. Do the prompts help or make it harder? Which kind of prompts do you like to work with most?
4. Those who drabbled for the second time, which round did you enjoy the most and why? Very Happy

Now... about songfics Laughing
1. How do you weave the dialogue and characters thoughts in with the lyrics? I know as a reader, it is made to look seamless and very smooth, but as an author, it must sometimes be hard to give it that easy flow feel. Smile
Rose

Myriad

Good topic, Lady_Mara! Smile

1. How hard is it to stick to 100 words?

Actually, it's not as hard as it sounds. Sometimes you'll find a topic or subject that just clicks, and you'll write hundreds over the max, whereas sometimes its hard to drag it out that long.

2. Is it easier to have a common story throughout all five, or is it easier to switch characters and situations?

IMHO, I enjoy drabbles better when they have a consistent theme for each week, so I try to aim my drabbles towards that too. It can be hard to make a mini-"story" out of them, but a reoccuring theme is nice to work with.

3. Do the prompts help or make it harder? Which kind of prompts do you like to work with most?

Hmmm, that's a hard one... I would say most of the time they help, but a lot of times it can be difficult. The worst topics yet were the week with alien species, because there was hardly any room for flexibility. It's easier when the topics were more vague

4. Those who drabbled for the second time, which round did you enjoy the most and why

This was my first time drabbling Wink

Songfics: I find songfics very easy to write, because they're like having a plot bunny, only with more structure! On the other hand, some songs have very literal lyrics, wich is hard to have creative freedom with.