Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 Quiet around here. 
Jade's Fire

So what's going on? DRL, or has the LoTF series sucked the SW enthusiasm out of everyone? It certainly has for me.

I've went back to revisit my Star Trek stuff. I'm rereading my novels, and I'm trying to finish my DVD collection of the Original Series movies and the television show. I got Season One for Father's Day, and I'll get Seasons Two and Three for whatever reason comes along next! Laughing

I'm also wanting to watch The Wrath of Khan pretty bad, so I'll need to pick the movies up soon. But they're fairly cheap.

I really hope Zahn writes a SW novel soon, to renew my flagging interest. Which reminds me. Have any of my favorite fanfic authors written anything new lately?

JayCee
Site Admin

Recent events have killed my muse so I am having a hard time writing, plus in real life I just got back from a trip to Italy.

I am waiting for the tv series now, hoping that whatever GL comes up with can't be nearly as bad as what DelRey has.

Always been a fan of ST myself as well, thanks to my parents. I have the whole series of TNG, maybe I should rewatch it?

Rigil Kent

Well, I'm pretty much a newbie around these parts, but I am in the process of writing my post-TTT AU (over in the New Republic section) that pretty much discards all of the EU except TTT and the initial X-Wing books (up to Isard's Revenge). I have been disappointed at the lack of new work from some of the more prolific authors around these parts, but given the direction the profic has taken, I guess I can't be too surprised.

That said, I've officially given up on everything profic. The only thing SW I'm reading is the KOTOR comic since I'm so utterly disgusted with the moral relativism that has seeped into the Del Rey stuff and utterly corrupted the entire GFFA of profic. I've not read DN or LOTF and no intent to do so at all.

Lack of presence (for me) I blame on the 4000-level summer history course I'm taking at the moment...

Wizard's First Rule: people are stupid. Given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are are afraid it might be true.

Jade's Fire

JayCee wrote:
Recent events have killed my muse so I am having a hard time writing, plus in real life I just got back from a trip to Italy.

I am waiting for the tv series now, hoping that whatever GL comes up with can't be nearly as bad as what DelRey has.

Always been a fan of ST myself as well, thanks to my parents. I have the whole series of TNG, maybe I should rewatch it?

Congrats on the trip. Vacation, I hope?

Certainly, rewatch Picard and co. I have the first 3 or 4 seasons, that's yet another series I need to complete. I'd like to get Enterprise and DS9 as well.
I have the first season of TOS on the way from Amazon, it was my Father's Day present!

Oh, and I hope your muse revives. I need some kind of SW fix, and you're *coughcough* not a bad SW author. Wink

Jedi_Emeritus

For me, it's mostly a case of being busy. I do have a number of projects planned, one which is currently in progress, but the time to write them is slim and becoming slimmer all the time.

And for anyone who has read any of my posts, here or at TFN in the past couple of months, you will also know I'm categorically opposed to just about any profic not written by TZ - haven't read them and won't. So, I think my stubborn refusal to acknowledge any profic has helped me to keep my muse, while not being too bummed out about what is going on in the 'official' time line.

Jade's Fire wrote:
Oh, and I hope your muse revives. I need some kind of SW fix, and you're *coughcough* not a bad SW author.

Here, here! Very Happy

Personally, JayCee, I'm hoping you continue symbols - I'm really enjoying that one!

redtenko

My excuse was I'm a student, but summer vacation just started so I actually have writing time now! I'm in the process of moving out of my apartment, but once that's over my summer project is: write fanfic! I think swff birthday is a decent deadline for finishing sadder but wiser, after which I can finally work on some of the others I have rolling around neglected in microsoft word.

Since I stopped caring about LotF about a million years before it started, I finally feel I have a decent amount of emotional distance not to hurt my writing--however I think it's bummed more than a few people out of active fandoming. I've always felt a bit bummed that I wasn't part of the action back when the LM fandom was really hoppin on tf.n, but I think my writing is much better now than it was a few years ago so at least you all were spared ameteur me. Poor anime fandoms I was involved in...

I suppose my big writing issue is that during the school year I was fufilling my creative writing degree requirements, so I spent all my energy on origional fiction. But you know what? I need a friggin break from that, and it's about time I wrote a story that wasn't homework (ohthankGod)

So I promise to be more fic active. I'll try to be more thread active, but I've always been kind of bad at that...anyway, I hope everyone else has a good summer and can find time for SW in the coming months *pokes ginchy* (where has she been?)

ginchy
Global Moderator

redtenko wrote:
So I promise to be more fic active. I'll try to be more thread active, but I've always been kind of bad at that...anyway, I hope everyone else has a good summer and can find time for SW in the coming months *pokes ginchy* (where has she been?)

Girl, I think your poke is what drove me out of obscurity and back into fandom. LOL Hugs!

Well, let's see.... What happened to me. As I posted in my LJ, my fandom slide started back in March. I was just feeling like I was spending too much time on fictional matters, and that what was more—I wasn’t any good at anything I was doing. I felt I couldn’t write, I couldn’t be a Head Girl (on my Harry Potter site), I couldn’t even hold a conversation on LJ or IM. I kept this to myself mostly, and carried on with most things, but I have to say that I was feeling really depressed and kind of out of it. The weather was really bad and I think I just had a case of the winter blahs. Too, Mara's death really kind of hit me for some reason, and I just couldn't seem to muster any ability to write anything at all.

I don't know, maybe I just needed a break, but I hate how I just dropped off. I was just overwhelmed, or something.

It seems like we all have had DRL hitting us lately--I, too, hope that we're back and better than ever, baybee! Very Happy

Jade's Fire

ginchy wrote:
redtenko wrote:

Girl, I think your poke is what drove me out of obscurity and back into fandom. LOL Hugs!

Well, let's see.... What happened to me. As I posted in my LJ, my fandom slide started back in March. I was just feeling like I was spending too much time on fictional matters, and that what was more—I wasn’t any good at anything I was doing. I felt I couldn’t write, I couldn’t be a Head Girl (on my Harry Potter site), I couldn’t even hold a conversation on LJ or IM. I kept this to myself mostly, and carried on with most things, but I have to say that I was feeling really depressed and kind of out of it. The weather was really bad and I think I just had a case of the winter blahs. Too, Mara's death really kind of hit me for some reason, and I just couldn't seem to muster any ability to write anything at all.

I don't know, maybe I just needed a break, but I hate how I just dropped off. I was just overwhelmed, or something.

It seems like we all have had DRL hitting us lately--I, too, hope that we're back and better than ever, baybee! Very Happy

Everyone needs time to recharge once in a while. Hugs!

Glad you're feeling better!

Myriad

We understand, ginchy Hugs! Everyone gets a slump once and awhile, and just need some time away from the internet. Good to know you're (hopefully) back Smile

RebelMom

I've kind of withdrawn as well. I've cooled on the fandom as well, though I still read some stories. I haven't written in a long time, but I'm enjoying the break.

I'm a bit stressed with the job situation. The Temp work has been steady, but I really would prefer something permanent.

ginchy
Global Moderator

Thanks for the welcomes-back, everyone! Very Happy

RM, I'm sorry to hear of the job situation. I hope a good position comes along for you, and soon!

bkwrm

Is anybody still out there?

Please come back soon.

ginchy
Global Moderator

I'm still here, no worries. I have a ton of DRL, but I'm hanging in. My Mom was diagnosed with breast cancer in October, so that's why I've been so spotty. It's been hard to deal with, and there's so much to do. She was here with me for quite some time. She's doing great now, though, and starts chemo in January, so I'll be on and off, but I'm working on something for the holidays for around here. Wink I've missed everyone! (And all the fics!)

flyswatter

Hello all. I have still been here and love this site more so then some of the other larger ones because it seems more like a close knit family. I do not write stories but do always love to responed to them and become a part of thier evolution. Face it everyone. With everything going on in the world today mainly the economy and such, it has been a real crappy year. Ginchy, sorry to hear about your mama but I am very glad to know that she is doing better. Mamas are special, especially to daughters and it is very scary to think about possibly losing one. I too have taken the lose of Mara very hard. Yes she is a fictional character but we all loved her for all her strenghts and the difficult things that she over came in her life to findly find happiness. I think that is what we all want for ourselves and envied her in some way because she did find happiness within herself. Most of us are still just trying to figure out how to survive. Miss everyone and Happy Holidays to all! Anakim aka Flyswatter

bkbva

ginchy, sorry to hear about your mom; prayers for her full recovery.

I've kind of passed thru lately without really stopping to do much. Life's been busy, mostly of the good family stuff; I should really update in the archives (maybe later today). Even though I wasn't planning on reading it, the information on the upcoming continuation in the pro fiction p'd me off even more than I already was and kind of put me in a holding pattern. I'm behind in reading Legacy and I haven't even really read fanfiction for a while.