Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic

ginchy
Global Moderator

Thank you, flyswatter and bkbva! Hugs!

Hello all. I have still been here and love this site more so then some of the other larger ones because it seems more like a close knit family. I do not write stories but do always love to responed to them and become a part of thier evolution. Face it everyone. With everything going on in the world today mainly the economy and such, it has been a real crappy year. Ginchy, sorry to hear about your mama but I am very glad to know that she is doing better. Mamas are special, especially to daughters and it is very scary to think about possibly losing one. I too have taken the lose of Mara very hard. Yes she is a fictional character but we all loved her for all her strenghts and the difficult things that she over came in her life to findly find happiness. I think that is what we all want for ourselves and envied her in some way because she did find happiness within herself. Most of us are still just trying to figure out how to survive. Miss everyone and Happy Holidays to all! Anakim aka Flyswatter

You are so right on so many fronts. This year has been CRAPTASTIC and there has been more than enough DRL to go around. I'm so hoping that next year will be better on so many fronts. And you're right about Momma's... I don't know what I'd do about mine. She's getting stronger every day, though!

And yes, the loss of Mara has been difficult. I've heard people say time and again that most of us wrote AUs anyway and other such things, but I still feel like she's not "there" in the same way that she was before. It's hard to get past that. And I agree with your reasons why we loved her. MJS was one tough cookie.

ginchy, sorry to hear about your mom; prayers for her full recovery.

I've kind of passed thru lately without really stopping to do much. Life's been busy, mostly of the good family stuff; I should really update in the archives (maybe later today). Even though I wasn't planning on reading it, the information on the upcoming continuation in the pro fiction p'd me off even more than I already was and kind of put me in a holding pattern. I'm behind in reading Legacy and I haven't even really read fanfiction for a while.

Thanks for the prayers! And I'm so glad that you've got a lot of good family stuff going on! That's awesome to hear, and I hope it only gets better, gal!

Ugh, profic. I gave that up after Dark Nest. I just couldn't handle the direction. I just don't see how you're handed the Star Wars galaxy and can screw it up so royally.

Great to see you around, again!! Very Happy

Jade's Fire

I'm lurking around!

This is my busiest time of the year, so I'm pretty hit-and-miss on visiting the site lately. And the fact that Sacrifice seems to have killed my interest in the current SW EU doesn't help.

I still try to stop in and see what everyone's up to however.

Everyone, have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Rigil Kent

December is historically the worst time of the year for me since I always connect this time of year (X-Mas decorations specifically) to the death of my dad (many years ago but no less depressing). This year has been ... worse than before for personal reasons I'm not real comfortable relating here, and, as a result, my Star Wars Muse hit a wall and effectively derailed. I'm also attempting to write an original sci-fi novel that is forcing me to dial back my enthusiasm for space opera, so that too has caused me to reduce my presence here.

And then, I made the horrible mistake of reading about the plot of the upcoming Fate of the Jedi book, and was disgusted all over again with the direction the EU has taken since Del Rey took over.

Rah.

Wizard's First Rule: people are stupid. Given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are are afraid it might be true.

redtenko

Sorry about my lack of activity. I usually try to take advantage of my vacations and write more, and I have started a new SW oneshot, but this December has been very stressful. My birthday's in a couple days and that always always stresses me out, and on top of that when I come back from break I've got my last quarter of school. The whole About to Graduate thing has me totally on edge, especially since this economy isn't looking like the best one to break into (ugh) and the stress has hashed my writing rhythm...and my mental rhythm.

Anybody wanna hire me?

Trace
Global Moderator

It sounds like we need a group hug. Hugs!

I've been MIA, too, and...well...not really sure why. I don't read and write fan fic like I used to and my current favorite books in the SW EU are not popular in the fan fic community. It has also been a really bad year in RL.

It's good to hear from everyone, even if just a little update. Smile My thoughts go out to those who're struggling or stressed.

Here's wishing everyone the best for a warm and happy holiday season and a good 2009! Rose

MaraJade001

Hugs!, well wishes and happy thoughts to all those who need it! Rose

This is my favorite board by far, and I wish all of you a very Happy Holiday!

My Christmas wish is that all of you get your muses back and continuing writing all your great stories! Pray Since I'm a crappy writer I must rely on all of you for my SW EU addiction. (Especially since the pro-fic has nothing of interest for me anymore.) I'm even contemplating getting a Sony Reader so I can download all of your stories and read them anywhere! Wink

Hope all of you get what you want for Christmas, Kwanzaa, or Hanukkah! Very Happy

ginchy
Global Moderator

Great to hear from everyone! Hugs!

Jade's Fire: Hi, you! I hope you and your family had a great Christmas! And yeah, the EU still equals feh for me, too. Though I might pick up that “Shadows of Mindor” book, or whatever the heck that Harry Potteresque title is.

Rigil Kent: I’m so sorry to hear that this is a rough time of year for you. Hugs! That must be very hard for you—that paired with the hard times you’re going through now especially. My thoughts and prayers are with you! I hope you’ll find the desire to come back—your story is the profic I always wanted. But if not, I wish you luck with your future endeavors!

redtenko: A new one shot?? Can’t wait for that! I’m sorry you’re feeling so stressed with school and looming graduation. Hopefully the economy will begin to rebound in 2009, and I’ll be keeping you in my thoughts!!

Trace: Hey, lady! I think you’re right that we all need a hug. 2008 was teh suck. Here’s to a better 2009 for us all! I keep you in my thoughts and prayers all the time, and it’s great to see you writing again… it must be hard to be so interested and involved in a fandom that isn’t as popular in the fanfic arena, but I know you have a lot of buddies who are huge fans so maybe you just could kick them into writing? LOL We should do up Nashville again this year. That was one bright spot, for me at least!

MaraJade001: I hope you had a wonderful holiday, too! And yes, pray for that muse. I think I’ve just been beat down too much of late, but the ideas are there. I am working on some holiday smut, I just didn’t make it in time for the holidays. You take care and have a wonderful 2009. (And P.S.: This is my favorite board, too!)

Myriad

Hi everyone. Can I join in the group hug? Hugs! I feel like I've been having DRL too, though no real reason. Writing slump I guess, or just a lack in L/M faith. My view of them have changed recently, and I'm trying to work new fics around that. Holidays are interesting times, to say the least. Hope to see more of you all in '09. Hope your holidays were great!

ginchy
Global Moderator

Join the hug, gal. And though I'll miss your L/M, it's a huge fandom world, so don't let a change of heart get you down! Hugs!

cggunnersmate

It's quiet around here again. Hope everyone is doing well and those who are having problems with their muse can find their way again, there are too many good stories going around here that it'd be a shame to see them unfinished. Here's to hoping the economy can turn around for the better. Things have gotten tighter now that my wife's not working and we're down to a single enlisted military income which puts us too close to the poverty line (and we're trying for our first child). I haven't had to worry so much about money since I got out of boot camp and didn't make squat.

Again I wish everyone here well, hopefully things can pick up around here again. I love TFN and am just starting to find my way around FF.net but I love this site because it's more of a smaller community.

Take care everyone! Hug You!

redtenko

hey all! I'm sorry I haven't been active. I'd meant to catch up once I was done with the big graduation rush, but since I've been home I've been occupied moving all my junk back in and applying to jobs. This economy is just awful. Every night I sit down to work on my stories and end up sending out resumes instead.

I feel bad about leaving the epilogue of my fic unfinished. I think my brain just forgets that the fic is still incomplete, it goes "Well you posted the last chapter, that's done" and then after a while I remember "D'oh! Epilogue!" And I don't want to post what I've started on my next project until the first one is complete Doh!

So I'm gonna do what I can to get out of this stupid 'the world is depressing' funk and write!

bkwrm

Well, another Star Wars fanfic site bites the dust. Skywalker Story Board is now defunct. Which totally sucks since a lot of my favorite stories were housed there and I didn't have he forethought to save them for myself.

I'm sad Crying or Very sad

ginchy
Global Moderator

Ah, but nothing on the internet is ever truly gone. Behold, the Wayback Machine: http://www.archive.org/web/web.php

Just type in: http://utopicworld.net/SSB/SSB.htm and you can get some of those stories back. Very Happy

And sorry I haven't been around here much. A rough pregnancy and a new baby will do that to you. But I still love SW and smut. Wink

bkbva

Sorry to hear about the rough pregnancy, but congratulations on the baby!

I miss hanging around here; I haven't been as much into it for the past couple of years.

Trace
Global Moderator

More congrats on the baby, ginchy!! Hearts

Just FYI - This board was recently moved to a new host site, hence the wonky distortion in the banner now. Still haven't figured out how to fix that yet.

Seems like Star Wars fan fic in general has slowed down a LOT, not just the Adult rated sites. Guess it's to be expected when the excitement wears off and folks move on to other fandoms or real life things. Hugs!