Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 beta help? 
redtenko

So its ten thirty AM (!!!) and I'm about to go to bed. I've been up all night working on the ending to The Sadder but Wiser Girl for Me, and I've finally got a draft. There are a couple of scenes that need an extra paragraph or two, but it's pretty much ready for editing now, and I've decided that since this chapter is so important and since I struggled with it so much, I'd like to get it beta'd before posting it.

I was hoping somebody here could help me out, but don't worry I won't get offended if nobody has the time for it since the chapter is kind of long (well, its about my usual chapter length and some find that long) and it'll probably need at least two passes before its ready. I need a beta who isn't afraid to be brutally honest, and it would be helpful if the person is familiar enough with my story to help me figure out if I've sufficiently resolved the arcs I've set up. It would also help to have someone who can give me feedback within a few days because I'd like to post the chapter in, say, a week to ten days?

If nobody can do it that's totally okay, I won't be left hanging. I just wanted to check here first since this is my favorite board Smile

Rigil Kent

Damn ... I really wish I wasn't swamped with school work right now 'cause I'd volunteer in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, I'm gearing up for a really important meeting with the professors in regards to my "must pass" history class so I cannot. Sad

Wizard's First Rule: people are stupid. Given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are are afraid it might be true.

ginchy
Global Moderator

Well, I'm not the best with all that grammar stuff (somewhere my English teacher is rolling Laughing ), but I can help with the story arcs and all of that, if you'd like. I'm so excited to see that one almost ready to update!! Very Happy Very Happy

redtenko

Thanks ginchy! Very Happy!

Can I email it to you? (ps, what's your email?)